CrossBreed Holsters   Magnum Research new   Crimsontrace   Tommy Gun Shop
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New toy

Default New toy

I was looking for a cheap 1911 slide and frame to use as a project gun. Ended up finding a whole new gun for cheap so I'll see how it does. Hope to shoot it this week. Took it apart and sear, disconnector, were polished shiny and trigger is not too bad. First commander size I've owned and i like the size. Grips are some Magpul I had around.

The only thing better than having all the guns and ammo you'd ever need would be being able to shoot it all off the back porch.

Want to see what will be the end of our country as we know it???
    Visit here:
    http://www.usdebtclock.org/

Not bad! Not bad at all. Hope to hear some good reports.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

sweet

They are fun to tinker with. Lots of parts and info at your fingertips. I'll be attempting my 1st trigger job this week. Nice looking pistol!

there are only .017 thousands engagement on a properly set up hammer and sear. so be careful in your polishing that polishing is all you are doing. there are co. that rent jigs to guide hammer and sear mods. google how to safety check 1911

awile back at the local lgs we had a discussion about how often 1911 should be checked. i picked up 3 random guns just happen to be remington and 2 kimbers. remington fine, kimber crimson fine. the most expensive 45 in the case was a kimber $2200.00
    super dooper it failed the trigger squeeze test and dropped hammer. if kimber can mess up somebody at home playing can do so in a hurray. back in the late 60s and 70s 1/2 half of the guns we shot in bulls eye matches could not have been carried safely

Fired about 400 rounds now. All is well. All feed and fire.

Since this was a project pistol the work has started. Polished the slide stop, thumb and grip safety. Used the media blaster i bought recently and it leaves a nice matte finish. After I polish a few more I may try nickel plating.

Pics of todays work..

O
    The only thing better than having all the guns and ammo you'd ever need would be being able to shoot it all off the back porch.

Want to see what will be the end of our country as we know it???
    Visit here:
    http://www.usdebtclock.org/

Congrats

What did you come up with to confine the media blasted from the media blaster or did you just let it go.
    I'm told it gets everywhere and into everything.

I've been pondering some sort of containment setup to keep it mostly off me and maybe even be able to reuse it although that might not be a good idea as it might have contaminants from the piece being blasted and clog up the blaster.?
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

I think that the matte finish looks better than nickel plate myself. Good job.