Kahr Shop   Tommy Gun   Magnum Research new   Mitch Rosen
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Has anyone had a botched repair job from Kahr service?

Default Has anyone had a botched repair job from Kahr service?

I sent my PM9 in for repairs due to the barrel peening. I was sent back with a new slide and barrel..and some really nasty tooling/grinding done to the interior of the frame. It looks like they modified the old frame to fit the new slide, but left it looking like total crap. Scratches/sanding marks inside the handle were so rough that the magazine has wear marks that none of my other 4 mags have. Gun was received by Kahr Monday night, and received by me last night. I applaud Kahr for the turnaround but boo them for the workmanship.

I have contacted Kahr about the issue and I am waiting for an RMA and shipping label to send it back to them for frame replacement or whatever they can do to clean up the tooling marks

UPDATE: Kahr replaced my pm9 with a brand new
    retail pistol. Complete with case and 3 mags. They even threw in an extra 7rd mag for a total of 4.

Last edited by diablo53; 10-10-2014 at 07:24 PM. Reason: Update

Keep us posted. This is kind of a new one on me. I can't think of any reason they would have to butcher the frame for a new slide. Nothing really changes on the lower end.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Kind of hard to believe........................that thing looks like a train wreck.......................

Quote Originally Posted by berettabone View Post
    Kind of hard to believe........................that thing looks like a train wreck.......................
    THANK YOU! I was in such disbelief that I actually thought I was over reacting. I even had to compare it to pictures I have of the gun b4 I sent it off to make sure that it came back with the same frame.

It wasn't necessary to take pictures to insure that it came backwith the same frame. If the frame was replaced the gun would have a different serial number, been returned to you through your local FFL and you would have had to go through another NIC background check. That's a federal law and Kahr isn't about to violate it.
    Never trust anyone who doesn't trust you to own a gun.

Life Member - NRA
    Colt Gold Cup 70 series
    Colt Woodsman
    Ruger Mark III .22-45
    Kahr CM9
    Kahr P380

Quote Originally Posted by Bawanna View Post
    Keep us posted. This is kind of a new one on me. I can't think of any reason they would have to butcher the frame for a new slide. Nothing really changes on the lower end.
    "Butcher" is an apt description Bawanna.
    FWIW, I think the cut in the red outlined box above the trigger (which appears to have took a hit in the process) was done to accommodate the new barrel. It seems to me they've made a change to a wider lug at some point in production.

Perhaps the magwell damage came from a fixture used to hold the frame while they were making the clearance cut for the lug.
    Regards,
    Greg
    [<a href=http://i43.tinypic.com/2n7fnux.gif target=_blank>http://i43.tinypic.com/2n7fnux.gif</a>

Wow. Mistakes happen and damage can occur in the repair process like anything else, but to send it back to you like that? Inexcusable. I would be disappointed if whoever did that kept his job.
    Rest in peace Muggsy

"Individual Muslims may show splendid qualities, but the influence of the religion paralyses the social development of those who follow it. No stronger retrograde force exists in the world." Winston Churchill 1899

Ughh that's pretty ugly,likley functional and just a cosmetic eyesore,but I know I would not be happy either,hopefully they make it right for you.
    Making it function and making it right are not always the same thing.

I recently bought a set of wood grips from them. The set I was sent had a bit of tear-out that had been really poorly glued back in place. I contacted them and explained my disappointment and they assured me they would email a shipping label. I have emailed them since and never got a label or response. F those guys, even if they sent me a return label I don't trust them not to f up my order again.

Anybody know where to order parts other than their website?