Kahr Shop   Crimsontrace   Tommy Gun   Tommy Gun Shop
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: CT380 Introduced!

Default CT380 Introduced!

Kahr has announced a new CT380. 3" barrel and 7+1 capacity.

http://www.kahr.com/Pistols/Kahr-CT380.asp
    USCG, 1963-1967, GM-3
    NRA Benefactor Member

Thanks for the post. Interesting, but I think I like my CM9 better.

I don't post here often but I held a CT380 in my hands tonight at my local shop. I was set on getting a cw380 but this CT380 was much nicer imho. I its smaller than a Glock 42 but bigger than the cw380. Perfect size and price tag was 289.99. I bought it will report more soon as I get it to the range. Anyone else have one? This is my 4th kahr I'm addicted to these guns.

Please keep us informed. I bought a Glock 42 two months ago, and had I known Kahr was making the CT380, I probably would have waited for it. Especially if you were able to get it for $289.99! I paid full price for the Glock, extra magazines, and the spring kits to make the magazines hold 7 rounds.

If the Kahr is as pleasant to shoot as the model 42, it would be worth my time to switch.

Is it too early to ask for a factory extended, threaded barrel for it? I think a small browning action pistol would be a great host for a dedicated .380 suppressor. Why? Because centerfire .380 is far more reliable than rimfire .22lr. It may not be as cheap to shoot, but I've been reloading .380 for decades.

Quote Originally Posted by crakkajakka15 View Post
    I don't post here often but I held a CT380 in my hands tonight at my local shop. I was set on getting a cw380 but this CT380 was much nicer imho. I its smaller than a Glock 42 but bigger than the cw380. Perfect size and price tag was 289.99. I bought it will report more soon as I get it to the range. Anyone else have one? This is my 4th kahr I'm addicted to these guns.
    How does racking the slide compare to your other kahr's? Is it any easier?
    The only thing better than having all the guns and ammo you'd ever need would be being able to shoot it all off the back porch.

Want to see what will be the end of our country as we know it???
    Visit here:
    http://www.usdebtclock.org/

Quote Originally Posted by yqtszhj View Post
    How does racking the slide compare to your other kahr's? Is it any easier?

It takes about the same effort maybe a little less than my cm9 and cw9. All my Kahrs slides are hard to rack...Well harder to rack than other manufacturers I should say.

Pictures! I hope the range session goes well... If you post pictures, would you do it side by side with your CM9 for a comparison, or a picture of both in your hand to see how big the grip is compared to the CM9. I am very interested in the CT380 and look forward to your report....
    Comparison is the thief of Joy....

CW380
    MK9

I'm interested in the CT380, too. Kahr hasn't posted the schematic yet and I haven't seen any hands-on tests and disassembling to show the recoil spring system used. I hope that it's a single spring and racking can be easier for my wife.

If anyone comes across this info... recoil spring(?), please post the info here.

Wynn
    USAF Retired '88, NRA Life Member. Wife USAF Retired '96
    Avatar: Wynn re-enlists his wife Desiree, circa 1988 Loring AFB, ME. 42nd BMW, Heavy (SAC) B-52G's
    Frédéric Bastiat’s essay, The Law: http://mises.org/books/thelaw.pdf

Thomas Jefferson said

“A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have.”
    and

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading".

I compared the ct 380 to my pm9 and it's about 1/8" shorter and about the same amount taller.
    It's thin like the p380.
    Seen 2 at the gun show but didn't buy. May get one once I see if they run properly.

Quote Originally Posted by wyntrout View Post
    I'm interested in the CT380, too. Kahr hasn't posted the schematic yet and I haven't seen any hands-on tests and disassembling to show the recoil spring system used. I hope that it's a single spring and racking can be easier for my wife.

If anyone comes across this info... recoil spring(?), please post the info here.

Wynn

I second this, mainly why I am so interested in this model.....
    Comparison is the thief of Joy....

CW380
    MK9