Mitch Rosen   Magnum Research new   Kahr Shop   Xssights
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: avatar

Smile avatar

cannot upload one .has no place to do it

Been so long I don't remember for sure but I think you have to have a minimum of 30 post before you can do that.

I could be wrong, like I say that issue hasn't come up in a long time. I know that's the case for uploading pictures other than links to photobucket.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

I think you're right, Colonel. He only has 28 posts to go.

ok..maybe next year..why so many posts...I really like show pics of my kahr

Well slap the dog that answers my question!

If you store or upload pictures to Photobucket or Flickr or any of the online sites like those, you can insert them into the post using the "Insert Image" and pasting the link to that photo at the site. You can show full resolution photos that way. You can do that before getting 30 posts. Sometimes you can just copy and paste stuff, too.

Wynn
    USAF Retired '88, NRA Life Member. Wife USAF Retired '96
    Avatar: Wynn re-enlists his wife Desiree, circa 1988 Loring AFB, ME. 42nd BMW, Heavy (SAC) B-52G's
    Frédéric Bastiat’s essay, The Law: http://mises.org/books/thelaw.pdf

Thomas Jefferson said

“A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have.”
    and

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading".

The reasoning behind that is two fold. We don't have the server storage space to have a user create an account, upload a picture, post once, and never come back. This way, people who are hanging around get to have an avatar, so we're only storing pictures for contributing members. The other part is it gives a "reward" of sorts for being a contributing member. Once you've hit 30, you get to customize your profile a bit and have a unique picture to help distinguish you

And Wyntrout nailed it, not having 30 posts in no way prevents you from showing us pictures of your guns....

I don't think his question has been answered. I have enough post and have pics in the bucket and can post them on all the forums I'm on but I too have no idea how to post one as my avatar to this forum.

It's sort of like uploading a picture. Up at the top there click on Settings, when that screen comes up, you look down the left side menu and find edit avatar. There's a place to browse or select.

There are size limitations that I don't remember but it will tell you if it's too big.

Give it another try and if you don't get it let us know and we'll dig deeper.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Thank you Colonel.