Kahr Shop   Tommy Gun Shop   CrossBreed Holsters   Crimsontrace
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 3LB Trigger Pull on My Remington R1...Oh My!

You just can't beat a well tuned 1911. It always has been and always will be my favorite handgun to shoot.
    Never trust anyone who doesn't trust you to own a gun.

Life Member - NRA
    Colt Gold Cup 70 series
    Colt Woodsman
    Ruger Mark III .22-45
    Kahr CM9
    Kahr P380

Quote Originally Posted by muggsy View Post
    You just can't beat a well tuned 1911. It always has been and always will be my favorite handgun to shoot.
    I agree 100%. I've been leaving my other handguns at home. The 1911 is such a pleasure to shoot with mild target loads. I finally found another 10lbs of pistol powder and another 5000 large pistol primers. I'm set for awhile.

Primers are now available but where did you find 10 pounds of pistol powder? The pistol powder supply is just about nil and has been so for over a year.
    Life member - NRA
    Life member - CA Rifle & Pistol Assn.
    SW desert rat

Quote Originally Posted by marshal kane View Post
    Primers are now available but where did you find 10 pounds of pistol powder? The pistol powder supply is just about nil and has been so for over a year.
    OK, now that I'm stocked up for awhile, I'll let you know my little Mom & Pop Honey Hole on the Internet. They have GREAT prices. They are honest with fast shipping. When I looked yesterday, they still had some IMR 700X left in the 4lb containers. (Good powder). Tell them Joe R. sent you. (-: http://www.recobstargetshop.com/index.htm KEEP IT TO YOURSELF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PS I just checked and the 700x is gone...............BUT LONGSHOT is still available. Good for high-power loads in all calbers. I use it extensively in 357, 9mm, 40 S&W, and 45. I usually drop a grain from minimum loads and it works well. Faster burning than LIL Gun. ENJOY!

Quote Originally Posted by Bawanna View Post
    Nice! But do be careful with that. I know you will. I'm pretty chicken messing with trigger pulls.
    agree, I am alittle sheepish myself. Just sayin
    . My PM9 has over 40,000+ rounds through it, and runs much better than an illegal trying to get across our border

NRA BENEFACTOR MEMBER

MAY GOD BLESS MUGGSY

Quote Originally Posted by jocko View Post
    agree, I am alittle sheepish myself. Just sayin
    The worse you can do is destroy your sear/hammer. They are $35 parts. When testing, just start out with 2 in the mag in case it decides to go full auto.

Quote Originally Posted by CC Hoosier View Post
    OK, now that I'm stocked up for awhile, I'll let you know my little Mom & Pop Honey Hole on the Internet. They have GREAT prices. They are honest with fast shipping. When I looked yesterday, they still had some IMR 700X left in the 4lb containers. (Good powder). Tell them Joe R. sent you. (-: http://www.recobstargetshop.com/index.htm KEEP IT TO YOURSELF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PS I just checked and the 700x is gone...............BUT LONGSHOT is still available. Good for high-power loads in all calbers. I use it extensively in 357, 9mm, 40 S&W, and 45. I usually drop a grain from minimum loads and it works well. Faster burning than LIL Gun. ENJOY!
    Handgun powders are still scarce but thanks for the referral to Recobs. I've bought from them before and they are an up and up business.
    Life member - NRA
    SW desert rat

Handgun powders are still scarce but thanks for the referral to Recobs. I've bought from them before and they are an up and up business.
    It's the only place I go for powder and primers on the net. When I'm looking for either one, I check them out almost daily. 10lbs of powder and 5000 - 10,000 primers makes it worth the shipping and hazmat fee. This year the pistol powders they had available were: Titewad, LONGSHOT, IMR 700X and 800X. Last year they also had Red Dot, Green Dot, and Herco. I still have about 1/2 of last year's supply left. Missouri Bullet is my choice for target lead. All in all, it costs me around 15 cents to load a 45 ACP.

Quote Originally Posted by CC Hoosier View Post
    It's the only place I go for powder and primers on the net. When I'm looking for either one, I check them out almost daily. 10lbs of powder and 5000 - 10,000 primers makes it worth the shipping and hazmat fee. This year the pistol powders they had available were: Titewad, LONGSHOT, IMR 700X and 800X. Last year they also had Red Dot, Green Dot, and Herco. I still have about 1/2 of last year's supply left. Missouri Bullet is my choice for target lead. All in all, it costs me around 15 cents to load a 45 ACP.
    I've been reloading since 1963 and my favorite pistol powders are Bullseye, W231, Titegroup, and Unique. I've been buying powder in 4-8 pound canisters when I can but for the last two years or so, pistol powder has been scarce so that limits the amount of pistol shooting that I can do. Thankfully, primers have become available so I've built up my reserve on these again. I buy .38 caliber HBWCs (Remington, Hornady, and Speer) and 9 mm 115 grain FMJ (Remington, Winchester, Hornady) in bulk when available, the rest I cast from wheel weights. I have no idea what it cost me to load a .45 ACP now but it's got to be less than buying factory.
    Last edited by marshal kane; 12-18-2014 at 10:31 AM.
    Life member - NRA
    SW desert rat

I've been reloading since 1963 and my favorite pistol powders are Bullseye, W231, Titegroup, and Unique. I've been buying powder in 4-8 pound canisters when I can but for the last two years of so, pistol powder has been scarce so that limits the amount of pistol shooting that I can do. Thankfully, primers have become available so I've built up my reserve on these again. I buy .38 caliber HBWCs (Remington, Hornady, and Speer) and 9 mm 115 grain FMJ (Remington, Winchester, Hornady) in bulk when available, the rest I cast from wheel weights. I have no idea what it cost me to load a .45 ACP now but it's got to be less than buying factory.
    HP38 has the same specs as W231. I would love to have either but they are nowhere to be found. I really don't understand why gunpowder manufacturers don't step up production. They all claim to be producing 24/7. Why not build more facilities and hire more people? With what they can produce now, they'll never meet the demand. IMR 700x is a very versatile powder in all handgun applications. I buy xtp hollow points for my 9mm, 40 S&W, and 357. CCI primers when I can find them though the 5000 Federals I just bought from Recob's are working out just as well. You can get 1000 - 200 grain lead bullets from Missouri Bullet Co. for under $100 (the cheapest I could find).