Tommy Gun   Mitch Rosen   Magnum Research new   Crimsontrace

Thread: First range trip with my CW380.

Default First range trip with my CW380.

Went to the range today with 275 rounds of various ammo. I shot 100 rounds of Aguila, 50 rounds of Prvi Partizan, 100 rounds of flat nose WWB, and 25 rounds of Hornady Critical Defense in that order. I experienced the typical break in issues through approximately the first 150 - 160 rounds. The slide locked back on a partial mag a few times. I had one FTE. But the most common issue was the slide not going fully into battery. The final 100 or so rounds of WWB and all 25 rounds of the Hornady Critical Defense fired with out issue. After every 50 rounds I broke the gun down, cleaned & lubed it. All in all I'd say it was a pretty good day. I'm happy with the Kahr. My only complaint is that it beat the heck out of my trigger finger. This little gun is pretty darn accurate too.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S3 using Tapatalk 4

Critical Defense will always be flawless in the CW380. Running 100 rounds of WWB with no failures at all is a very good sign that your 380 will be reliable.

Dave

muggsy: Let's face it, being shot by a .380 will ruin anyone's day.

Finished breaking in my CW380 today as well. I was surprised that the WWB flat nose was 100% for me as well, which is great, as that is my go to FMJ for this pistol. I only had an issue with some Fiocchi JHP and ball that I was finishing up, but it was all the fault of the ammo with fail to return to battery. The AE 95gr ball was fine as well... The Critical Defense and Speer Gold Dot worked 100% too... I let it get filthy as all get out, no cleaning for 140 rounds as this was my second range trip with the CW380 and I have been using the SEAL1 CLP. No issues and clean up was fast and easy afterwards.... I am impressed with that stuff too... Thanks for the follow up and after 275 rounds, if you are not sore somewhere, you are not human.... these small .380s can be rough, but in my experience the CW/P380 are the smoothest of the bunch for recoil/trigger slap.... Of course a couple of weeks after I finally get a CW380, they come out with the CT380....GRIN...
    Comparison is the thief of Joy....

CW380
    MK9

Quote Originally Posted by ReManG View Post
    Finished breaking in my CW380 today as well. I was surprised that the WWB flat nose was 100% for me as well, which is great, as that is my go to FMJ for this pistol. I only had an issue with some Fiocchi JHP and ball that I was finishing up, but it was all the fault of the ammo with fail to return to battery. The AE 95gr ball was fine as well... The Critical Defense and Speer Gold Dot worked 100% too... I let it get filthy as all get out, no cleaning for 140 rounds as this was my second range trip with the CW380 and I have been using the SEAL1 CLP. No issues and clean up was fast and easy afterwards.... I am impressed with that stuff too... Thanks for the follow up and after 275 rounds, if you are not sore somewhere, you are not human.... these small .380s can be rough, but in my experience the CW/P380 are the smoothest of the bunch for recoil/trigger slap.... Of course a couple of weeks after I finally get a CW380, they come out with the CT380....GRIN...
    How many rounds do you have through your CW380?

Hornady runs good in my cm9.
    The only thing better than having all the guns and ammo you'd ever need would be being able to shoot it all off the back porch.

Want to see what will be the end of our country as we know it???
    Visit here:
    http://www.usdebtclock.org/

A reliable pocket .380 is a joy to have and a Kahr at that... Congrats to both of you.
    "I hate quotations. Tell me what you know."
    Ralph Waldo Emerson

Quote Originally Posted by Damnyankee View Post
    How many rounds do you have through your CW380?

I now have about 300 rounds through it. I had a "hitch" in the trigger where the trigger bar was rubbing the frame, not noticeable during firing, only dry fire. My trigger pin walks a bit, may take the trigger out and polish/deburr before I reset the trigger retention pin, but no other issues so far.
    Comparison is the thief of Joy....

CW380
    MK9

Have you remedied the"hitch"yet?
    I have not messed with mine yet but it is still doing the same thing.
    Edit.....
    I took the side panel off and did a little relieving of some overmold rough spots under the trigger bar and it has a smoother trigger pull without the side cover bulging.
    Quote Originally Posted by ReManG View Post
    I now have about 300 rounds through it. I had a "hitch" in the trigger where the trigger bar was rubbing the frame, not noticeable during firing, only dry fire. My trigger pin walks a bit, may take the trigger out and polish/deburr before I reset the trigger retention pin, but no other issues so far.
    Last edited by timboy; 10-12-2014 at 02:03 PM.