Quote Originally Posted by Bill K View Post
Sorry, I confused the question by prefacing with my first sentence. I should have just asked the question... "Could you comment on the effectiveness of the XS sights for those of us who shoot threat focused?" Might be that the XS would be even more effective for those who shoot threat focused.

[I transition from point shooting to slide indexing to sights as the distance from the target increases but try to remain threat/target focused. When using sights for my SD shooting practice I try not to shift focus to the front sight.]
For this, then in my humble opinion, yes the XS sights seem to excel, but like Alfonse above, if you use standard sights you will have to adjust your mental image of the sights. I really like the XS sights for the speed up close, but the distance takes some practice to hit like regular sights at distance. If however you are good with point shooting, this should come quicker than someone who just has standard sight experience. Hope this helps, check your local ranges, sometimes they have one or two guns with XS sights, may help your decision process.