Magnum Research new   Kahr Shop   Crimsontrace   CrossBreed Holsters
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Holsters opinion

I'll second the Alien Gear. You may want to try the new 2.0 - it is supposed to be more comfortable. My original - pretty much just like the one pictured above, took some break in. Just wear it around the house and yard on a weekend while your doing yard work, car work, etc. You may want to opt for the J clips.

Another option is Nate Squared (N82). I have two. Alien Gear is far less expensive, but N82 is darned comfortable. If you tuck in your shirt then get the Kydex Pro.

I tried cheap holsters, they become a pain in the hip rather quickly. Now they sit in the drawer unused.

Quote Originally Posted by ced_56 View Post
    Trying to figure out what I want. I know I want IWB but not sure if I want something "open" or "closed" (some sort of something to secure it in the holster. Just curious on opinions and why. I am new to owning and carrying so just trying to figure out what I like.
    For IWB carry almost universally most holsters will not have a retention strap. So that should answer your question.
    Most quality holsters that are used for concealed carry use generally do not use retention straps even for OWB.( Unless you are a LEO,security guard, bodyguard,bouncer,etc. or have another specialized need for some level of positive retention.)

I would recommend you get a holster that is made to fit your firearm specifically, and not a one size fits 20+ guns type. A properly molded holster will have a fit that the gun actually "clicks" into when you put it in, whether Kydex or leather.That is were you get the retention from without a strap.

Good luck with your 1st holster search, I can assure you it will not be the only one you buy... I got to the point with my perfect holster searching that I learned how to make them for myself so I could make them exactly the way I wanted.

I think you can't go wrong with the PJ Holster. http://pjholster.com/ I have 2 one has the tuckable J-Clip and sits very low. The other is the reinforced clip on over the belt. The are both very comfortable and gun is very stable. I tend to carry at between 3:00 - 4:00 and my PM9 disappears under and T-shirt.

Just pick the one that works for you & give it a shot unless a friend will let you borrow it for a day or two to try it out.

I am liking the looks at least on the PJ and aliengear holsters. Don't have my CCHL yet so I still got a little time but would do want to get all that soon so that I can start carrying....when I want to

Can you home carry in your state? If so, then get one before your CHL, practice helps your confidence....
    Comparison is the thief of Joy....

CW380
    MK9

I'm in TX so we have Castle Doctrine that says I can carry at home and in my car no license needed.

There ya go! Now you can practice and see where you will have to modify your behaviors and body language, what clothes work best etc... CC is a journey, take the step.... This will not be your last holster anyway....
    Comparison is the thief of Joy....

CW380
    MK9

I am debating on the alien gear 2.0 myself but it may be a tad thick as the pm9 is a very small gun it may be overkill, still contemplating.... the remora has had my attention for some time, the n82 not so much, just can't get past the twist release dealio, very negative indeed...

some day I'll get a holster and will actually be able to carry my pm9

for my glocks though I use Hidden Hybrid Holsters, excellent and comfortable distributes the weight perfectly...

Well, ya know, I am sporting my CM9 in my old faithful IWB as we speak, and it's downright comfy.

Sent from my SM-P600 using Tapatalk
    (this space intentionally left blank)