Kahr Shop   Crimsontrace   Magnum Research new   Xssights
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Glock proposal

I'm thinking Cubic Zirconia.

Quote Originally Posted by Barth View Post
    I'm thinking Cubic Zirconia.
    Maybe if the gun was a High Point.
    BOB

If she can read that she is already pointing the gun at you.
    Draw me not without provocation, sheath me not without honor.

Haha the comments are cracking me up, sure are a lot of experts on me, my future bride, and her jewelry . A buddy pointed me to the forum, as I am the one who proposed. She is not fat and ugly I can assure you. She is a great woman who I am not only proud to have but I am honored she is going to take my last name.She is not replaceable, just like that slide cover plate will never be replaced. She has recently taken an interest in shooting and it's something we do a lot together these days. She had mentioned wanting her own Glock since she's been shooting one of my 23's so I got her her own, and decided to use it as part of the proposal! She thought it was awesome and so has everyone else. It's been amazing at the reception it's gotten and the compliments. I knew long before I popped the question, there was only one answer and that was yes. I joked with her that the reason i'm spending so much time (and ammo) is if she ever does have to shoot me, it'll be quick and painless ha!

And to the fella who thinks it's Cubic Zarconia, you couldn't be more wrong. I gave her my great grandmother's engagement ring. It is an heirloom in every sense of the word and belonged to a very special woman who would be honored for Mary to have it now. Thanks for the laughs gents.

Oh and I carry a Glock but think Kahr's are kinda cute!

WOO hey now not everybody bashed you.
    BOB

And those who did bash bashed in fun as usual around here.

Congrats to you and the new bride. We like our Kahrs here, think Glocks are fat and ugly but the work good and most of us have at least one of those to.

Best wishes for you and the new bride.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Thanks fellas! I know/knew it was in jest and I appreciate the kind words and congrats. Figured i'd set the record straight though, as anyone who doesn't carry a Glock surely is a little slow and needs a few things spelled out for them!

Obviously joking about the Kahr's, they are great guns. She will be shooting a friend of mine's when we shop for her carry gun! Still a few months from that though! I'll definitely be browsing the forum and reading up on Kahrs!

She don't need a Glock if she purse carries. A kahr if she can handle the slide manipulation or a light revolver is a better purse fit.

Be sure to check her teeth, marriage is a lot like buying a horse, dentist are expensive. I did good on my wife, had good teeth, mine suck really bad but not much I can do about that.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Revolvers only for wives- Got to a point in my first marriage where I made sure there were 2 empty chambers in the ex's .38. I always knew I had 2 clicks to grab it or run like hell. Hard to do that with a semi. Also hard to do if she carries, the ex didn't, it was a nightstand piece. BTW for any of you that may need to do this, make sure you know which way the cylinder turns!

That's freaking brilliant right there. It would work on my wife too. If I lay out 4 revolvers on the table she wouldn't know which one was hers. She can squeeze them first two pretty durn quick though, maybe I'll leave 3 empty and only 2 full, every fraction of a second counts.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan