CrossBreed Holsters   Crimsontrace   Magnum Research new   Tommy Gun
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Saved by my first aid kit

Default Saved by my first aid kit

So I went on a deep woods hike with the intentions of running a few rounds thru my new to me (but gingerly used) p380. the first two mags were not going so well and then I realized that I had failed to lube it up after my initial cleaning. Damn, I really wanted to run a box through this little beast. So off to check what I had in my kit, hmmm ummm, first aid kit + little pack of neosporin = lubed up Kahr. I still had an issue with cambering the first round on a couple of mags, but at least I was in business and was able to continue the break in period.

I did think I would get some trigger slap, but nothing, it feels great in the hand and shoots great. It may be the most fun little gun that I own. I do feel bad that my cw9 is on the back burner because the p380 is now my edc.

Sounds like that p380 was still "infectious" even after being treated with neosporin. Enjoy your new Kahr.

Great thinking with the news poring

I always have a tube of Neosporin around the house for treating minor cuts and insect bites. Now I have a reason to put a tube of it in my gunbag. I think this is a testimonial that a Kahr will work fine with almost any kind of lubricant.

In a pinch I've used KY Jelly. It's not as good as maiden oil, but it will do.
    Never trust anyone who doesn't trust you to own a gun.

Life Member - NRA
    Colt Gold Cup 70 series
    Colt Woodsman
    Ruger Mark III .22-45
    Kahr CM9
    Kahr P380

With the little contact areas the P380 has, you could have rubbed your nose (outside of the nostrils....) and touched it up too, or if you are blessed with hair, rub the slide /frame through that... Good thinking on the neosporin, the base is petroleum jelly... chapstick works too, but glad you used something, Stainless on Stainless has a tendency to gall badly without lube...
    Comparison is the thief of Joy....

CW380
    MK9

Quote Originally Posted by muggsy View Post
    In a pinch I've used KY Jelly. It's not as good as maiden oil, but it will do.
    I was waiting on someone to say that.
    The only thing better than having all the guns and ammo you'd ever need would be being able to shoot it all off the back porch.

Want to see what will be the end of our country as we know it???
    Visit here:
    http://www.usdebtclock.org/

whats KY Jelley. I have some Smuckers grape and some Knotts Berry boyensenberry. Are they similar.

I won't ask what Maiden oil is, as that sounds sexual.. and I don't got no Maids either.
    . My PM9 has over 40,000+ rounds through it, and runs much better than an illegal trying to get across our border

NRA BENEFACTOR MEMBER

MAY GOD BLESS MUGGSY

jocko's first aid kit. 12 condoms various sizes, and a paper sack (in case she is ugly as sin) and Peenacillian.
    . My PM9 has over 40,000+ rounds through it, and runs much better than an illegal trying to get across our border

NRA BENEFACTOR MEMBER

MAY GOD BLESS MUGGSY

Quote Originally Posted by jocko View Post
    jocko's first aid kit. 12 condoms various sizes, and a paper sack (in case she is ugly as sin) and Peenacillian.
    Jocko's paper sack.......sheep.jpg