Mitch Rosen   Xssights   Tommy Gun   CrossBreed Holsters
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Forgive Me Bawana for I have sinned Again

Default Forgive Me Bawana for I have sinned Again

I know this is a Kahr forum but "My name is Terry and I'm addicted to 1911s" I have had a hankerin' for a lightweight 9mm for a few years but I haven't found one that made me jump until this one showed up. It is a Dan Wesson ECO in 9mm it weigh 25 oz. and this little beauty is SMOOTH. The trigger is typical D.W. and breaks at 4 1/2 pounds and I would not want it any lighter for a CCW. I shot 250 plus rounds the other day and to say I'm pleased is an understatement. I plan on putting another three or four hundred round through it before it gets rotated into a CCW piece.
    .DSCF9311.jpgDSCF9313.jpgDSCF9314.jpgDSCF9316.jpgDSCF9321.jpg
    " In God We Trust" I love my Country its the Government that I fear.
    Gun control isn't about guns, Its about Control.:32:

Beautiful gun and you need not seek any forgiveness from thee. I'm a devout 1911 and Dan Wesson guy myself.

I don't have a lot of use for 9mm but there's a place for it in the over all scheme of things.

Dan Wesson make a really fine gun and I suspect you paid dearly for that but that's not a bad thing.

Say 5 Hail Mary's and 5 Our Fathers, god loves you and forgives you.

Wish you was closer, I'd love to hold that thing, bet it's beyond awesome.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

I understand what you mean about the 9mm as I have always been a 45 type of guy and I have no plans on giving them up. In fact this same gun comes in 45 acp as well, who knows the big brother may be a future quest
    About 7 years ago I found a Colt lightweight commander in 9mm and bought it but when I took it out to try it out it went full auto so I returned it to the shop and they refunded my money and said they didn't want to deal with the repairs because it was a consignment gun. I have been wanting a 9mm 1911 ever since. Fast forward to last week ,I called the dealer that I bought my C-Bob from and asked about the ECO. He hadn't seen one either so he ordered one so I could check it out. As soon as I laid my hands on it I knew I was in trouble. I had been looking at a Kimber Aegis Ultra but my shooting buddy bought that one. I have shot both pistols side by side and I am really glad that I passed on the Kimber, it's not a bad pistol by any means but the DW is much smoother and not ammo sensitive at all.
    If you ever get out to Western Az. let me know and we can burn up some powder and use up some lead.

C Bob's rock! There's one on my belt nearly every day.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Beautiful pistol there SG. And I've always had a thing for them flat top slides too. Well done. I'm sure you will love it.
    ​O|||||||O

It's certainly a looker. Very nice.

How was reliability during the first range visit?
    NRA Life Member

"Owning a handgun doesn't make you armed any more than owning a guitar makes you a musician." -Col Jeff Cooper

Quote Originally Posted by Southerngunner View Post
    I know this is a Kahr forum but "My name is Terry and I'm addicted to 1911s" I have had a hankerin' for a lightweight 9mm for a few years but I haven't found one that made me jump until this one showed up. It is a Dan Wesson ECO in 9mm it weigh 25 oz. and this little beauty is SMOOTH. The trigger is typical D.W. and breaks at 4 1/2 pounds and I would not want it any lighter for a CCW. I shot 250 plus rounds the other day and to say I'm pleased is an understatement. I plan on putting another three or four hundred round through it before it gets rotated into a CCW piece.
    .DSCF9311.jpgDSCF9313.jpgDSCF9314.jpgDSCF9316.jpgDSCF9321.jpg
    exactly what I have been sayaing for years, 1911's are beautiful guns, they make great table decorations and IMO that is about all..
    . My PM9 has over 40,000+ rounds through it, and runs much better than an illegal trying to get across our border

NRA BENEFACTOR MEMBER

MAY GOD BLESS MUGGSY

Quote Originally Posted by jocko View Post
    exactly what I have been sayaing for years, 1911's are beautiful guns, they make great table decorations and IMO that is about all..
    The only thing better than having all the guns and ammo you'd ever need would be being able to shoot it all off the back porch.

Want to see what will be the end of our country as we know it???
    Visit here:
    http://www.usdebtclock.org/

Never owned a 1911.
    That's an itch I need to scratch...

Quote Originally Posted by RRP View Post
    It's certainly a looker. Very nice.

How was reliability during the first range visit?
    Thanks, I was very impressed considering how tightly this pistol is fit, I was expecting a few problems during break in but in over 250 rounds there was only 1 FTRB at round number 87 and a couple drops of oil on the slide and barrel took care of the issue. I was shooting 125 gr.FMJ and a variety of lead reloads that consisted of 105 grain SWC and 125 gr.TC without another bobble at all . I will run another 300 or 400 rounds through it before I start to use it for a CCW piece. The trigger breaks a 4 1/2 pounds and the straight 8 night sights are yellow in the rear and green up front. It came with 2 metalform mags that functioned perfectly as well.