Thread: would anybody admit

Default would anybody admit

to owning and carrying a Kel-tec P3at?

don't have to.
    ​O|||||||O

I carry a PF9 all the time.
    "The Deacon" Zoot Shooter #84
    Yup, I'm the guy at Surplus Rifle

I admit to it.I have a first generation P3AT,It's about fifteen yrs. old.I sometimes carry it as a BUG. Forgive me Bawanna for I have sinned.

Absolutely would admit carrying a P3AT, and proud of it. Great tiny pistol for when I need to carry something really small or highly concealable. Have had mine for about 10 years and have even used it in informal IDPA bug matches.

I had one, good guns.
    "Life Member NRA"
    I am addicted to brake fluid...don't worry I can STOP at anytime!

I would if I had one. Crazy prices locally - it's cheaper to get a TCP, and sometimes you find a LCP for less as well.

thinking about a tiny gun for when the CM9 just seems to big and heavy (t-shirt pocket or tucked in the waist band of boxer shorts or Speedo's- hehehehehe). the LCP and the P3AT are the same gun, maybe the Ruger is finished better? I don't care about looks, hopefully nobody will ever know I have it. don't need sights, gun will never be shot 2 handed or aimed at a bullseye. (I watched some reviews on youtube and everybody was shooting 2 handed and trying to look tacticool---- not what a .380 is about.) P3AT is 11.5 oz. loaded, 3 whole ounces lighter than a CW380, 8 oz. lighter than the CM9. thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by marcinstl View Post
    thinking about a tiny gun for when the CM9 just seems to big and heavy (t-shirt pocket or tucked in the waist band of boxer shorts or Speedo's- hehehehehe). the LCP and the P3AT are the same gun, maybe the Ruger is finished better? I don't care about looks, hopefully nobody will ever know I have it. don't need sights, gun will never be shot 2 handed or aimed at a bullseye. (I watched some reviews on youtube and everybody was shooting 2 handed and trying to look tacticool---- not what a .380 is about.) P3AT is 11.5 oz. loaded, 3 whole ounces lighter than a CW380, 8 oz. lighter than the CM9. thanks.
    I had a P3AT years ago, and sure, it was fine as a belly gun. Until the retaining pin started walking out after a few rounds, piece of tape fixed that. Then I tried to get good with it and just gave up. The trigger slap was an issue for me, and the tape on the side holding the take down pin in. Gave up on the micro .380s until last year. Got to help a friend get a used P380 up and running. Now I have a CW380. For three ounces, you get a gun you can practice with (no trigger slap, surprisingly light recoil...), has actual sights that you can swap out should you want to, and you have the same trigger as your other Kahrs for consistency with your carry.... I will trade that for the three ounces over the LCP/P3AT... If I need lighter, I would go to a P32 and get an extra round to boot, for a two ounce savings over the LCP/P3AT... Just my opinion though. They are fine guns if that is what you have...
    Comparison is the thief of Joy....

CW380
    MK9

My wife carries one, was my backup. Got a p380 for her but it became my backup because she prefers the Kel-tec.