Xssights   CrossBreed Holsters   Magnum Research new   Tommy Gun Shop

Thread: cw380 slide back wiggles

Default cw380 slide back wiggles

I purchased a cw 380 today after carrying a cw9 for about 3 years. I now need something smaller to keep in the pocket at work.
    Anyway, the slide back on the 380 has some wiggle to it. The left side will pivot downward just about a millimeter or two. I honestly don't think this will give me problems but I wanted to check. Thanks ahead of time guys.

I have been away from this forum for a long time and tried to use Google to search but couldn't find much.

I don't think you'll have issues either. Your talking about when you squeeze the trigger the slide moving up and down a bit?

Seems like that all goes away with a magazine in place to put a little upward pressure on the slide.

I say shoot it and see how she runs. If it balks, we'll deal with it.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

that's not what i'm talking about. I have that on the CW9 and know that is normal. I am talking about the part named the "slide back" in the Kahr manual, the back piece of the slide. The separate piece that has some serrations. The small squarish piece on the rear of the slide. It moves when the slide is locked back, i can move it up and down with my hands.

EDIT: to make this more clear.

The piece at the rear end of the slide that the striker mechanism rests against.

That is called the "slide plate", "slide cover plate" by most people.

I don't know for sure with out seeing it... But a mm of movement is nothing I would worry about. It will actually help ease the removal of the plate when/if you need to detail strip the slide. That plate is retained by a spring loaded pin and really can't go anywhere. Also the way the inside of the plate is made is with a ramp shape so that it can't catch the rear of the frame either.

thank you beardog

I wish mine were that loose............I think
    cm9 and lovin it.

That little wiggle in the in the slide cover is what makes the P380 so sexy. Mrs Muggsy has that same wiggle. It's built in.
    Never trust anyone who doesn't trust you to own a gun.

Life Member - NRA
    Colt Gold Cup 70 series
    Colt Woodsman
    Ruger Mark III .22-45
    Kahr CM9
    Kahr P380