Crimsontrace   Mitch Rosen   Kahr Shop   Xssights

Thread: M1A1 SBR Issue

Default M1A1 SBR Issue

My Thompson is having issues firing. It will fire the first round but will not fire the second. I have tried multiple mags (20s and 30s) and both live ammo and blanks (it was blank adapted when I got it). I had a similar issue last year and replaced the recoil and firing pin springs and it was fine for about 200 rounds. I do not see anything damaged or worn. I'd replace the springs again but surely it's not normal for them to only last for 200 rounds. The previous owner reports having zero issues. Love shooting the thing but kinda frustrating to have this issue. Any thoughts, suggestions appreciated.
    Andy
    texaseitz@sbcglobal.net

It's feeding and chambering properly?

Is the primer getting a good solid hit?
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Try another brand of (hotter) ammo, and see if that helps; maybe your rounds aren't hot enough for it (I know the Swanson blanks are super-hot).

I have the EZ Pull springs and nylon buffer in mine, so I can't comment on the factory Kahr versions.

Rob
    "Nothing wrong with shooting, as long as the right people get shot." - Harry Callahan

SA M1A1 SBR Thompson owner
    http://floridasmostwanted.webs.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Bawanna View Post
    It's feeding and chambering properly?

Is the primer getting a good solid hit?
    It fires the first round just fine. It will fully chamber the second round but the firing pin is not resetting. No go.

I'm using Starco commercial blanks as that's what the previous owner had it set up to use. My source for those has dried up so will be using Swansons (and larger BFA orifice) going forward. If I can get it working again .....

Quote Originally Posted by Texaseitz View Post
    I'm using Starco commercial blanks as that's what the previous owner had it set up to use. My source for those has dried up so will be using Swansons (and larger BFA orifice) going forward. If I can get it working again .....

I've had good luck with Robb at Atlantic Wall Blanks (he's a nice guy, too): http://www.atlanticwallblanks.com/

Rob
    "Nothing wrong with shooting, as long as the right people get shot." - Harry Callahan

SA M1A1 SBR Thompson owner
    http://floridasmostwanted.webs.com/

I believe that Atlantic Wall sells the same blanks I was using.

I've ordered more springs, a firing pin, and and firing pin pilot. Maybe this will help (at least temporarily).