Tommy Gun Shop   Xssights   Mitch Rosen   Tommy Gun
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Why Guns are Good

Default Why Guns are Good

A really great article by John Stossle, formerly of ABC and now with Fox News:

FOXNews.com - Why Guns Are Good
    Last edited by aray; 02-13-2011 at 07:35 PM.
    Ray

NRA Endowment Life Member
    SAF Life Member

wonder of wonders, John Stossel switched sides... maybe there is hope after all.
    Attitude: it takes 43 muscles to frown, 17 to smile...and 3 for proper trigger squeeze.

The olive branch is considered a symbol of peace, and good will. Last time I checked, it's still a switch.

Enlightenment is a wonderful thing.
    Kahr P380 (part owner)
    Kahr PM9
    Kahr PM45
    Kahr MK9 Elite 03
    Springfield XDs .45 3.3
    Springfield XDm .40 Compact 3.8
    Springfield XDm 9mm 3.8

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote."
    .....Benjamin Franklin

The asertion made that "guns kill 30,000 Americans a year" is total bunk ( to put it politely). A gun has never killed anyone. People (criminals) kill people. Lets put the blame where the blame belongs. We hear the same old lame quotes all the time and it is time to correct them.

As far as John seeing the light and changing sides - we'll have to take some time to see if the tiger really has changed his stripes.

Guns and stuff:

All Our Shirts - Conservative, Republican, Anti-Liberal, and other Political Shirts
    Attached Images Attached Images
    USAF Retired '88, NRA Life Member. Wife USAF Retired '96
    Avatar: Wynn re-enlists his wife Desiree, circa 1988 Loring AFB, ME. 42nd BMW, Heavy (SAC) B-52G's
    Frédéric Bastiat’s essay, The Law: http://mises.org/books/thelaw.pdf

Thomas Jefferson said

“A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have.”
    and

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading".

Good article. I am really done with the NRA over this last move.

Wow, I love the last line on that U.N. shirt, lol.

"If this is an emergency, please hang up and dial America."

Quote Originally Posted by pbbad View Post
    Good article. I am really done with the NRA over this last move.
    same here. i wrote them and asked what the hell they were doing and they basically responded that they don't give a flying f*** what happens to this country as long as THEY are allowed to push this ONE issue.

i can see why they rather stick to their guns, pun intended, rather than risk becoming some right wing version of ACLU but it just looked so incredibly bad when they first opposed 1st amendment right violations and then did a 180 once the violation got an exception that explicitly excluded the NRA.

Man that just reminded me of the last catalog or flier from Sportsmans Guide.

If you want a hoot. Who in the heck would think wearing a blue UN beret would be "cool"!?

New Nato Military Beret, Light Blue, Military Surplus, Brand Not Specified at Sportsman's Guide

They have surplus uniforms and other stuff that I can't imagine any use for, and their ads pitch them as cool or something.

http://www.sportsmansguide.com/net/c....aspx?a=695502

Wynn
    USAF Retired '88, NRA Life Member. Wife USAF Retired '96
    Avatar: Wynn re-enlists his wife Desiree, circa 1988 Loring AFB, ME. 42nd BMW, Heavy (SAC) B-52G's
    Frédéric Bastiat’s essay, The Law: http://mises.org/books/thelaw.pdf

Thomas Jefferson said

“A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have.”
    and

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading".

I have heard that, but I'll wait and see if he really is a convert. Wynn, I think those shirts need to be uniforms for this place. Of course RY ABC is supposedly the most liberal of the media right now (newsmax.com reports that anyway).
    Attitude: it takes 43 muscles to frown, 17 to smile...and 3 for proper trigger squeeze.

The olive branch is considered a symbol of peace, and good will. Last time I checked, it's still a switch.