CrossBreed Holsters   Magnum Research new   Kahr Shop   Crimsontrace
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: No More Guns rev 2

Default No More Guns rev 2

Over 70 yo gun enthusiast, owner, and shooter for right around 60 years. With 45 to 50 firearms in current personal inventory I've come to the final conclusion that enough is enough. The last two times, trying to go cold turkey, didn't work well at all so now I'm being a bit more realistic.

Three on my bucket list....a quality lw compact 1911 pattern pistol in 9mm, a good lever action rifle/carbine in .22lr, and a functionally reliable tac 9mm, like a Beretta Cx4 Storm. After those, if ever, I'm totally done.
    NRA Benefactor

lol.

Kinda in the same boat. Trying not to buy anything. But what I'd recommend. Springfield emp. Kel tec sub 2000. Henry golden boy.
    ​O|||||||O

Good luck with that. Every time i say I'm done i buy another within 60 days. So far I'm good at holding to only 4-5 pistol calibers and 3 calibers of rifles. Does that count?
    The only thing better than having all the guns and ammo you'd ever need would be being able to shoot it all off the back porch.

Want to see what will be the end of our country as we know it???
    Visit here:
    http://www.usdebtclock.org/

I would also say good luck. I have not had much luck with limiting my collection. I have finally decided that I will HAVE to trade something for anything else that I wish to acquire. Wish me luck.

Hang in there fellas. After awhile you just stop counting. It worked for me.
    Never trust anyone who doesn't trust you to own a gun.

Life Member - NRA
    Colt Gold Cup 70 series
    Colt Woodsman
    Ruger Mark III .22-45
    Kahr CM9
    Kahr P380

I'm with you. Even before I turned 70 I long knew how often the dream was better than the reality after purchasing that "thing" (be it a gun or otherwise) that I just had to have. Have to say the my Kahr PM9 has been an exception, it has turned out to be more than what I had "dreamed" it would be.
    "I hate quotations. Tell me what you know."
    Ralph Waldo Emerson

Quote Originally Posted by b4uqzme View Post
    Kinda in the same boat. Trying not to buy anything. But what I'd recommend. Springfield emp. Kel tec sub 2000. Henry golden boy.
    EMP is high on the list. Henry something is a possible but second to a Browning if I go new. Hadn't thought of KelTec, but I'll look into....tks.
    NRA Benefactor

Quote Originally Posted by Bill K View Post
    I'm with you. Even before I turned 70 I long knew how often the dream was better than the reality after purchasing that "thing" (be it a gun or otherwise) that I just had to have. Have to say the my Kahr PM9 has been an exception, it has turned out to be more than what I had "dreamed" it would be.
    Having "collected" firearms for over half a century I don't think I've regretted acquiring anything I now have. Some were bought for a purpose that no longer exists, or were superseded by better. Some customs I built or had built and used, or didn't much. Some collected for uniqueness or just for the....collection. Etc. Roughly....half of what I have I wouldn't part with, a quarter I'd let go to a decent home, another quarter I'd let go to any new home. The three I listed as still want have current practical applications.

My trusty PM9 is definite keeper.
    NRA Benefactor

Let's face it guys a woman can't have too many pairs of shoes and a man can't have too many guns. It's a fact of life.
    Never trust anyone who doesn't trust you to own a gun.

Life Member - NRA
    Colt Gold Cup 70 series
    Colt Woodsman
    Ruger Mark III .22-45
    Kahr CM9
    Kahr P380