CrossBreed Holsters   Crimsontrace   Xssights   Mitch Rosen

Thread: Slide stop on MK9 spins freely? Is this righ

Default Slide stop on MK9 spins freely? Is this righ

Slide stop on MK9 spins freely? Is this right?

I have an MK9 I've had about a month with around 350 rounds through it.

The first couple times I took it apart, the slide stop did not spin on the pin. It seemed like it was one piece. Last night, took pistol apart to clean and the lever now spins freely on the pin. It still works as far as I can tell cycling by hand. This is my first Kahr, and I would have thought nothing of it had it done this from the start. But wondering now if the slide stop is defective or is it supposed to do this?

Thanks

Absolutely FN normal.

The slide stop assembly is a three piece unit, with pin, lever, and cross pin. Some are spinners from the factory, others remain tight always, but most are tight, then turn into spinners after a bit of shooting.

The pin is a very tough little piece of metal. They put a groove into one end. The groove is aligned with a hole in the lever, and the cross pin is driven into the hole. The hole is blind, so once in, the cross pin has no way of being removed. Never heard of one falling out either.

The lever itself is.....(hold onto your seat) MIM , just like the entire slide stop on the C-series pistols. Only the cross pin is "machined" (ground they say).

There are clearly parting lines and molded in lettering on the slide stop of my last PM9.

Its ok, they work fine, either 1 section or 3... never hear of an issue with 'em. Never heard of one or the other breaking.

Just shoot it, and keep on shootin' it!

Thanks for the reply CJB!

That spinning slide stop is a known design flaw in the MK9. I'd be happy to take that piece of junk off of your hands for half of what you paid for it since it's used and all.
    Never trust anyone who doesn't trust you to own a gun.

Life Member - NRA
    Colt Gold Cup 70 series
    Colt Woodsman
    Ruger Mark III .22-45
    Kahr CM9
    Kahr P380

Quote Originally Posted by CJB View Post
    Absolutely FN normal.

The slide stop assembly is a three piece unit, with pin, lever, and cross pin. Some are spinners from the factory, others remain tight always, but most are tight, then turn into spinners after a bit of shooting.

The pin is a very tough little piece of metal. They put a groove into one end. The groove is aligned with a hole in the lever, and the cross pin is driven into the hole. The hole is blind, so once in, the cross pin has no way of being removed. Never heard of one falling out either.

The lever itself is.....(hold onto your seat) MIM , just like the entire slide stop on the C-series pistols. Only the cross pin is "machined" (ground they say).

There are clearly parting lines and molded in lettering on the slide stop of my last PM9.

Its ok, they work fine, either 1 section or 3... never hear of an issue with 'em. Never heard of one or the other breaking.

Just shoot it, and keep on shootin' it!
    Current wife is one of the latter.
    NRA Benefactor

Quote Originally Posted by ltxi View Post
    Current wife is one of the latter.
    Now THAT'S funny!
    ​O|||||||O

Quote Originally Posted by muggsy View Post
    That spinning slide stop is a known design flaw in the MK9. I'd be happy to take that piece of junk off of your hands for half of what you paid for it since it's used and all.
    Mugs you wouldn't know what to do with a spinner if ya had one, it would be a waste.....