Crimsontrace   Kahr Shop   Mitch Rosen   Magnum Research new
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Has anyone used mercury recoil suppressor in stock?

Default Has anyone used mercury recoil suppressor in stock?

Has anyone used mercury recoil suppressor in stock? My 45/70 with hot loads really wacks ya...gunsmith suggests compensator, I would prefer less side noise.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "Life Member NRA"
    I am addicted to brake fluid...don't worry I can STOP at anytime!

That's a sweet lever action! I have a Marlin factory engraved 30/30 that was my Deer Slayer, all my hunting buddies told me it was too light for Pennsylvania hunting, but I always got a deer. Yes, they stopped inviting me.....
    My New Web Store!
    www.teampython.com
    __________________________________________________ _____
    The loudest sound in the world is a “click” when you need a “bang.”

Product Information

BreaKO recoil reduction systems are designed to reduce recoil acceleration, muzzle bounce, and minimize gun movement during firing. The quality of these units is evident in the design and workmanship. Mercury is used in these units because of its natural ability to absorb and dampen shock. Results are less fatigue, better concentration, higher scores, and comfort-able shooting. All steel construction, "mercury" filled, permanently sealed and ready for installation.

"Life Member NRA"
    I am addicted to brake fluid...don't worry I can STOP at anytime!

Paint it green, put your big boy britches on and do like Jocko says - SILYSI!

First I heard of it. I've seen plenty of Gra-coil butt plate systems and they are very well made so I'd expect this to be too. I might want one for my SA shotgun. Not so much for the recoil but for the swing weight. Ya think that thing would stay put screwed onto a plastic end cap?
    ​O|||||||O

I don't have no experience jeepster. Funny though, I was looking at one of those just today, a stainless version.

My first thought was this thing is really really gonna hurt.

But I feel like I should have one. Why I have no idea but I must have one.

Go ahead and give the mercury a try and let me know how it works. Broken shoulders do not do well with wheelchairs and the shoulder you save may be mine.

You can always comp it if the mercury isn't enough. I'm not painting mine green though, I gotta draw the line someplace.

I love the loop on yours, I have to remember to look again and see if this one had that. I don't think it did.

Not too big which I don't like but a little bigger than normal.

My Mares Leg has a big ole loop on it and I wish it had a normal size, just too big a loop for a gun with no buttstock to speak of.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

i have mercury tube in model 70 300 win mag. and i have convinced myself it makes a big differance. also changed the recoil pad to limbsaver on my guide gun

The limbsaver recoil pad would be a must have for sure. Those are really nice.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Might I offer a suggestion? This may seem as obvious as a wart on pretty girl's nose, but why not just shoot lighter loads? It's a hell of a lot cheaper, a lot less painful and almost as much fun. Of course, if you're a masochist, forget that I mentioned it. I once went to my dad with an article on how you could shave two pounds off an eight pound rifle to make it lighter. He suggested that I lose twenty pounds and carry two eight pound rifles. There was a lot of wisdom in my old man, but I didn't appreciate it at the time. Too soon old, too late smart.
    Never trust anyone who doesn't trust you to own a gun.

Life Member - NRA
    Colt Gold Cup 70 series
    Colt Woodsman
    Ruger Mark III .22-45
    Kahr CM9
    Kahr P380

Another quickie. From the bench a sandbag between your shoulder and the gun reduces felt recoil a lot.
    Never trust anyone who doesn't trust you to own a gun.

Life Member - NRA
    Colt Gold Cup 70 series
    Colt Woodsman
    Ruger Mark III .22-45
    Kahr CM9
    Kahr P380