Mitch Rosen   CrossBreed Holsters   Crimsontrace   Xssights
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: TP9 grip chop

Quote Originally Posted by berettabone View Post
    If you re read your statement, you say the TP9 has an additional 1" barrel length over the PM9, which is what you wanted. I replied that you still have a 1" barrel length advantage, whether you cut the grip off or not. No one( I think) thinks that you cut off any part of the barrel. Sarcasm is a constant here, and reading is fundamental.
    i said the tp-9 covert has 1" longer barrel and same grip size. You said it had 1" longer barrel indicating that it no longer had a 1" barrel length advantage over the pm series. Maybe your sarcasm font isn't installed properly.

Nevermind...........wow..........

Next time, save yourself some trouble and time and buy a PM9...............same thing
    You had an extra inch of barrel before you chopped it.
    Maybe you don't write as well as you think you do?

Anyways, stopping by wally world for some ammo and then going out to try out the Agrip with the molded stippling sanded smooth on the front and back of the grip. I've noticed in working on the Kahr that for some reason the plastic Kahr uses builds up heat and doesn't sand as fast as the plastic used by glock. Not sure what would cause this but it might be useful to someone.

Quote Originally Posted by Covert Kahr View Post
    Anyways, stopping by wally world for some ammo and then going out to try out the Agrip with the molded stippling sanded smooth on the front and back of the grip. I've noticed in working on the Kahr that for some reason the plastic Kahr uses builds up heat and doesn't sand as fast as the plastic used by glock. Not sure what would cause this but it might be useful to someone.
    I have had good luck with an exacto type knife to remove plastic on both the Glock and Kahr frames... With the polymer, it is easier to control for me to cut the offending nubs off when I am doing this than sanding as the polymer can get heated and change. Blades like the #17 or #104 work really well for me....
    Comparison is the thief of Joy....

CW380
    MK9

Finally got out yesterday to try it with the aGrip. I really liked it for handling and shooting. My wife tried it out as well and didn't have any problems holding and aiming it. I only shot the orange reactive target so I can't say that I've bench tested it, just general 10 yard practice using the 6 round mags.

ReManG, I didn't think of using a knife. That probably would have been better for removing the nubs. Sanding them did heat up.

Covert Kahr,

I completely understand what you did. In addition to the longer site radius it will carry better in an IWB holster. Back in the dark ages we carried a 3" chiefs special for the same reason.
    Later we had the Springfield XD with a 5" barrel and short grip and the Colt CCO again with a short grip and longer barrel. It still works for me and and am glad you're happy with your modified Kahr.
    pavementends

Quote Originally Posted by pavementends View Post
    Covert Kahr,

I completely understand what you did. In addition to the longer site radius it will carry better in an IWB holster. Back in the dark ages we carried a 3" chiefs special for the same reason.
    Later we had the Springfield XD with a 5" barrel and short grip and the Colt CCO again with a short grip and longer barrel. It still works for me and and am glad you're happy with your modified Kahr.
    pavementends

Thank you! This week will be my first chance to try it for concealed carry.

Long overdue update. This has been my carry gun for the past 3+ years. I’ve used a belly band style carry and have carried in everything from shirt and tie to jogging shorts and t-shirt without problems. The barrel has had a tendency to print, but nothing too noticeable.

I’m now considering buying a P9 and making a covert or other options. Up in the air right now, just very pleased with it day to day.

I used a wood burner with a flat tip and melted those nubs down smooth. Then I put on a rounded tip and stippled the grip. Good comfortable grip texture but not as aggressive as the factory nubs.

If you been carrying for 3 years, it must work for you. Good luck with the P9.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Quote Originally Posted by ReManG View Post
    Yeah, I am not getting that either. I suppose you could put a shorter top end on, but then the pistol would look like it had one of those severe underbites with the dust cover sticking out like that.... hahaha....

Reading this again. I may have read it wrong, but I think kahr is now offering a long grip/short barrel combo.