Kahr Shop   CrossBreed Holsters   Crimsontrace   Xssights
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: TP9 grip chop

Quote Originally Posted by Covert Kahr View Post
    Reading this again. I may have read it wrong, but I think kahr is now offering a long grip/short barrel combo.
    Although not the 9mm, my TP45's dust cover is the same length as my CW45. I tried swapping the slides to see what it would look like but never shot it in this configuration.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott321 View Post
    Although not the 9mm, my TP45's dust cover is the same length as my CW45. I tried swapping the slides to see what it would look like but never shot it in this configuration.
    As long as the rails and stops are in the right places, it should run. I hadn’t considered the 45. Always figured if I went that way, I’d go 1911.

As long as the rails and stops are in the right places, it should run. I hadn’t considered the 45. Always figured if I went that way, I’d go 1911.
    I own a .45 and 10mm 1911, and shot a few different models/sizes by Colt back in the day. However, I like the light DAO style trigger of the Kahr for carry, and similarly can't bring myself to purchase a Defender/Officers size that holds the same amount of rounds with a bigger footprint, heavier weight, and hefty price tag for that same duty... although there have been a couple recently that caught my eye. For the record, I had to do some light sanding at the top of the backstrap to get the grip feeling hunkydory.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott321 View Post
    I own a .45 and 10mm 1911, and shot a few different models/sizes by Colt back in the day. However, I like the light DAO style trigger of the Kahr for carry, and similarly can't bring myself to purchase a Defender/Officers size that holds the same amount of rounds with a bigger footprint, heavier weight, and hefty price tag for that same duty... although there have been a couple recently that caught my eye. For the record, I had to do some light sanding at the top of the backstrap to get the grip feeling hunkydory.
    Agreed. A 1911 would be a range gun.

The world is my range and a 1911 lives on my belt usually with a PM45 elsewhere on my anatomy.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Long overdue update. This has been my carry gun for the past 3+ years. I’ve used a belly band style carry and have carried in everything from shirt and tie to jogging shorts and t-shirt without problems. The barrel has had a tendency to print, but nothing too noticeable.

I’m now considering buying a P9 and making a covert or other options. Up in the air right now, just very pleased with it day to day.
    As an addition or a replacement to your TP9 Covert? The balance of the TP9/PM9 feel OK in the hand? Not too front heavy? Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by HuskyPurpleDinosaur View Post
    As an addition or a replacement to your TP9 Covert? The balance of the TP9/PM9 feel OK in the hand? Not too front heavy? Thanks!
    I love the balance of the TP9 covert. It is a little front heavy, but nothing to get excited about. I ended up getting a P365 and getting an XL slide for it to make it covert size. Also has red dot mounting. Still debating if I’m going to keep it that way. Generally the P365 is about the same size as a P9 Covert.