Magnum Research new   Xssights   Mitch Rosen   Tommy Gun
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: MK9 Slide crack issues

I sent my MK9 back to Kahr on the 4th, I just received it today. 3 day turnaround time with a new slide and barrel, they covered all costs and shipping. Very impressed!

Great to hear that Kahr took great care of you.

yup

This is caused by typically bad heat treating. Get it replace!

Mine has a crack also. I sent it to Kahr and they replaced the slide and got it back in 8 days, did not pay a cent. Thank You Ian and Jay.

Airny, glad to hear they took good care of you. How old was the MK9?

I had this since 1999, well over a 1000 rounds, I stop counting after that. I kept it in the safe for couple of years when the polymer frames started being more popular and and bought one to replace my MK9. One day I had an itch to take it out and fire couple of round through it (I kinda miss her) and while carefully cleaning it I noticed a line between the barrel hole and the guide rod hole and I thought it was just some stain. But when I took a good look at it with my magnifying glass (my eyes are not as good as it use to be) the line went all the way from the front to the back of the slide. I emailed Kahr arms right away and they responded quickly. They sent me a per-paid FedEx label and got my baby back in 8 day's. I have to say Kahr customer service is great no hassle at all.

Thanks for informing us of the age of your MK9. I haven't heard or read of any newer ones having any issues like yours.

I thought I would update the thread with another issue successfully resolved. I noticed a crack between the barrel and guide rod hole in my MK9 Elite recently while doing a good cleaning. It's a 2006 I purchased used in 2007. I hadn't shot it in a few years (which is why I was cleaning it up) and uncertain when it appeared.

I emailed Kahr and ONE MINUTE later got a response. They apologized and said they would send an RMA. I got my Fedex label emailed and off it went. Got it back in just over a week. Another example of great customer service!

Superb service.