Xssights   Tommy Gun   CrossBreed Holsters   Kahr Shop
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Seattle Washington Area Information?

Every one is right about the liberalism and yes it's a whole different world east side of the mountains. Dryer climate, better people and some actually commute to Seattle from just over the pass but it's not something I would entertain at all especially in winter. I don't want to spend my whole life driving to and from work.
    I commuted to downtown, south of the U by a ways for about 10 years. No more of that for me

Yes it rains a lot. We do get snow and cold but generally it don't last long like other places.

There's a ton of options within 1 1/2 hours of the U. More towards the mountains you get the better chance of a sizeable piece of property. Still a bit of a challenge to get where you can shoot on your own property.

Even on places where you can, all it takes is liberal neighbors complaining and they'll mess it up for you.

Budget would of course come into play. Probably cheaper the further away from the U you get.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Thanks Bawanna and others that posted. The answers were somewhat as expected after looking at a map of the Seattle area, go to the east. I will start looking at towns toward the east. Our situation is a little unique so we have an advantage in location.

A little back story. Ever since we were married 40+ years ago, we have not lived withing 600 miles of our immediate families (fathers-mothers-sisters-brothers) except for a few years after our daughter graduated college, then they moved to LA. Five years ago they moved back to Oklahoma shortly before she gave birth to our grandsons. We are retired now and Meemaw decided we will live near them from now on. Her world revolves around those boys (mine too). When they move, we will move. Now, the University of Washington is having serious discussions with her about a job opening they have.

Yeah, it will most likely be a real culture shock moving there from a 40 acre playground in Oklahoma. But, with our situation, if our daughter and family locate somewhere east of Seattle, them we can locate somewhat farther east of Seattle and keep the libs at bay for a little while.
    "Typing the word "grandparents," I mistyped and the autocorrect changed it to CandyLand. Not entirely inaccurate." - Our daughter.

A Kahr, a Glock, a Ruger, two Brownings, two Remingtons, and a Crossman.

Oh that makes it way more easier. Even if she has to live closer to the U you can still live quite a ways off since you won't commute every day.

Actually work well for her too since she can visit you and get away from the crowd. It will be a cultural shock for sure.

Being Missouri born and bred I know this to be true. In Missouri a car broke down on the rode will have 6 pickups behind it trying to help.
    Here you might as well walk cause very few will stop and half of the few that stop will only try to rob you or get parts off your car.

This gets better quickly the further you get from downtown. I probably make it sound worse than it is. I just can't handle crowds or congestion. Many people love it down there. Park Place Market is way popular. I've never even been in it proper and have no desire to go there. Lots of people love that stuff so it aint all bad to many.

Look at your maps and look at Duvall, Carnation, Issaquah, Monroe and east on SR 2 Gold Bar, Startup, etc.

You can also go south and east. I'm not as partial to that area as it's not my usual stomping grounds so it's foreign to me.

You got a ton of options in your circumstance.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Thanks a bunch!
    That gives me a lot of areas to just look around. With our situation and our daughters penchant to live in more "rural" developments with good school systems, we do have a lot of options and could wind up quite a ways to the east.
    "Typing the word "grandparents," I mistyped and the autocorrect changed it to CandyLand. Not entirely inaccurate." - Our daughter.

Appears the Concealed Pistol License laws for the state are not too onerous. Look to be more gun owner friendly than Oklahoma's concealed carry laws at first glance.

Oh yeah, no big deal. You have to be here like 30 or 60 days to establish residency. Then like 60 bucks at application. No class, no puffed up instructors, and as long as your not a felon or convicted of domestic assault your good to go.

Snohomish county usually delivers under a week. We're around that in the city of Monroe.

Seattle proper I'm sure would take longer. Any of the outlying areas would be pretty quick.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

Quote Originally Posted by DavidS View Post
    Rain - maybe not.
    Grew up in SE South Dakota.
    Snow and cold - definitely not.
    I lived in Portland OR, very near Seattle WA, for three years.
    It rains like crazy.
    You won't see the sun for weeks at a time.
    Plus it gets cold and snows.
    Get ready.

I currently live across the street from the Paradise Valley Mall Phoenix AZ.

Looks like some real advantages to living east of the mountains. If this all happens, will seriously be looking for any possible way that would work. May not be too far fetched of the kids find a place somewhat east of Seattle, like the towns Bawanna mentioned then we could still be across the mountains but still pretty close to them.
    No, I am not a people person and city life is not for me. Grew up in and around towns of 400 people or so until I went to college. Visited the kids in LA a couple times while they were there. I couldn't live like that!

If east of the mountains is an option, check out Wenatchee, and Lake Chelan. https://www.google.com/search?q=lake...ed=0CAcQ_AUoAg

By the way, Chelan county is a democrat free zone as far as elected officials go.

Bawanna hit some areas to look at on the west side. Its been a few years, but there were some acreage north of Bothell too off highway 9. He'll probably straighten me out, but it they haven't been all built up, that might be nice too. Near Maltby is the area I'm thinking about. Watch out for areas that flood in the spring, like some areas around Snohomish.