Magnum Research new   Tommy Gun Shop   Tommy Gun   CrossBreed Holsters
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Girls and Guns

Default Girls and Guns

2 things happened today:

1) Mrs b4uqzme shot the K40 today. She did great. It took a little coaching for her grip...and a little more coaching... but she handled the recoil fine and shot pretty accurate. She tells me I'd make a lousy doctor but today I would have been rich: I had plenty of patience(patients).

2) We shot trap this morning with a new couple. It was her first time so we were patient and encouraging. She made a couple of (very minor) safety errors but our puller (another girl) was on it. For some reason, some goofball who wasn't even shooting decided to interrupt and give her a safety lesson. And he wasn't very nice about it. What is wrong with some of us that we have to strut our feathers and talk down to women? She left crying and didn't finish the round. Our puller was furious! But she was the bigger man and held her tongue.

So just remember if you can that our women friends can handle more than we expect if we are just patient and encouraging. And when we are not, we are the a$$holes.
    ​O|||||||O

I agree and sometimes those same a$$holes like to strut their feathers to guys too and experienced guys.

One reason I take issue with most firearm classes, it's usually more of a history lesson of all the things the instructor has done and all the places he's been which I don't care about.

Just teach the gun and move on.

If I had ears I'd be a good instructor. Unlike here I'd never get a swelled head and I like to help new shooters.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Quote Originally Posted by b4uqzme View Post

So just remember if you can that our women friends can handle more than we expect if we are just patient and encouraging. And when we are not, we are the a$$holes.
    Yeah let's see you push a baby outta your Vagina...
    My New Web Store!
    www.teampython.com
    __________________________________________________ _____
    The loudest sound in the world is a “click” when you need a “bang.”

There's a lot to be said for civility. Likewise, there's a lot to be said for gun safety. You can't call back a shot. A few tears now could save a lot of tears later. Some people need a pat on the back and others need a swift kick a little lower. I'd say that the person who intervened could use both.
    Never trust anyone who doesn't trust you to own a gun.

Life Member - NRA
    Colt Gold Cup 70 series
    Colt Woodsman
    Ruger Mark III .22-45
    Kahr CM9
    Kahr P380

^^^ exactly. And our puller runs a safe and fun trap range (in that order).
    ​O|||||||O

Any way to get the new shooter back for another round? Maybe with some enforcers keeping the crowd back? It would be a shame to lose someone over the actions of one d-bag.

Upstate NY - (nothing like NYC). In remote country with thousands of acres of hunting.

Reminds me of the time I took my wife shooting for the first time when we started dating. She was kind of against guns at the time, so I told her that things would not work out for us. She decided to go to the range to watch and see what shooting was like. After a day of observing some black powder competition, she gave it some thought and told me she would give it a try. I took her to the next shoot and taught her how to load and shoot my son's 32 cal. Most of the guys welcomed her, but some were kind of quiet. Anyway, she shot a perfect score her first shoot and decided to join the club. 3 guys announced they would drop out if a woman was allowed to join. The rest of the guys said good bye to them and welcomed my wife. She went on to be the 3 time Florida State muzzle loader champ...3 yrs in a row....women's division. She won by such a margin, that I feel she could have won the Nationals. The guys in the little club we were in were always proud that she came from their club. The little club is broken up now and my wife has given up shooting for grand children.

Another quick story. One shoot she decided that she wanted to shoot in the men's division, so she could compete against me. We always practiced together and had friendly competitions. She beat me half the time. At the shoots, the women were always given "easier, larger" targets for their division. My wife recognized this as a macho thing, and wanted no more of it. She wanted to shoot the same targets and measure her shooting against the rest of the male pack. The guy at the entry desk told her she could not enter the men's division. She asked Why? The entry desk guy told her, "You women have your place and that is in the women's division." I asked him to let her shoot the same targets, but not enter her score....just for fun. He said No....she shoots with the women or not at all. My wife replied, "Are you afraid I will beat you?" He never answered, because he realized that she would. I thought....good for her. Just shows how men can be foolish.
    My Sword - PM4044N/CTL/Talons
    - "One should diligently train at all times." Miyamoto Musashi
    - "Train in technique until it requires no thought - no mind and just happens." Takan Soho
    - "The truth beyond the technique....Here's where we stop thinking and start shooting." Brian Enos
    - "A single sword against the cold sky." Yamaoka Tesshu
    - "You must concentrate upon and consecrate yourself wholly to each day, as though a fire were raging in your hair."
    Taisen Deshimaru
    - "Know your sword!"

Quote Originally Posted by garyb View Post
    . . . Just shows how men can be foolish AND STUPID.
    I rather enjoy seeing women on the firing line as it breaks up the monotony of seeing just men. There's no reason why they can't outshoot the men as shooting isn't exactly a weight-lifting contest. Also, we shooters need all the political support we can get.

^^^^ There's a local youth shooters club who opens up their trap ranges to the public on Saturday mornings. It's great to see the young shooters and their fathers and their MOTHERS all shooting together.
    ​O|||||||O

When it comes to women...

Quote Originally Posted by b4uqzme View Post
    we are the a$$holes.
    And it's true, those jerks do that to us guys, too. You can turn someone completely off to an activity with five seconds of thoughtless douchbaggery, or you can make a friend for life by showing some leadership.
    Man of steel - Kahr T9, SP101