Tommy Gun   CrossBreed Holsters   Xssights   Magnum Research new
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I worry about tomorrow

Default I worry about tomorrow

I’m worried about tomorrow, my nephew Andy was diagnosed with Diverticulitis awhile back. It got to the point he can’t take the pain so tomorrow he goes in for surgery. I’m not real good on all the medical stuff but they have to remove part of his intestine that infected. He is a young man at 45 and a good husband to my niece and father to his son. Talked to my niece today and she told me he will be in surgery for five hours and that’s if all goes right. It’s hard I have been talking to him and emailing but he lives 1000 miles from me and I can’t be there. I just worry about these things. So if you guys can wish him a speedy recovery that would be great I would like to send him the link to this to show him that the guys I hang out with do care about others and there are still good people in the world that care. I have been accused of being a worry wart but this means a lot to me. He is also a good friend to me, so wish him and us the best you can. I know this isn’t about guns but it’s about family
    Rest in peace old sailor Mike
    In Memory of Mom: Standing 4'11" She would say come here so I can hit you as I looked down at her
    As my Olde buddy Jake said point at the belt buckle and muzzle rise will take care of the rest
    Live a little learn a lot

Hang in there Andy and get better. We'll lift up a prayer for you and your family too. These things affect everyone involved and my family wishes all of you the best.
    The only thing better than having all the guns and ammo you'd ever need would be being able to shoot it all off the back porch.

Want to see what will be the end of our country as we know it???
    Visit here:
    http://www.usdebtclock.org/

Ditto that here. Take care of family and all the other BS will take care of itself.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

God Bless.

Them doctors are miracle workers nowadays --- prayers for a speedy recovery!
    ​O|||||||O

This is not the worst type of surgery to have on one's lower unit. What he has is a ... not uncommon condition. Resultant surgery less common, but the risk is rather low, as surgery goes, and one of the more common procedures (well combined with all non-cancer related butt/lower bowel surgeries).

Good to be concerned, but expect a good outcome. The REAL concern is what's between his ears. He'll be laid up a bit, have difficulties for a bit... that wears on a man's mind. They always prepare you for the physical in's and out's of things, but they never ever prepare you with the councelling youu might like, just to keep your noggin' screwed on straight, and your marbles in order. A family can do that for ya, if they know about it.... so ... that's your mission, Mr. Phelps, if you decide to accept it.

Our prayers are with Andy and all of your family. Had a cousin that had that exact same surgery 4 years ago and everything went great. Family is what matters in this life. Everything else is temporary. We are all with you.

There, someone to worry for ya!

Andy, my family and I wish you a speedy recovery. I'm sure the doctors who will perform your surgery have done this many times before so you're in good hands. Following surgery, you'll be glad you had it done so you can go on with your life!

I do hope all goes well for your nephew and the rest of the family.
    "I hate quotations. Tell me what you know."
    Ralph Waldo Emerson