Tommy Gun Shop   Mitch Rosen   Tommy Gun   Kahr Shop

Thread: cm9 nosediving - slide lock lever? (Pics)

Default cm9 nosediving - slide lock lever? (Pics)

I've put probably like 800 rounds through my cm9 since 2012. Love this gun. Very accurate and concealable, but sadly at the 650 mark I started getting the failure to feeds. Mostly nosedives. (Btw, I only use the 6 round mag, and same ammo as always used)

I sent it back to Kahr last holiday season, and it still gave me nosedives when it came back. I don't even know what they did to it since there was no big conclusions or information from Kahr when it came back.

I've read a lot on this in your posts, so thank you all for all the research everyone has done. With your posts, I was able to find that the slide stop lever IS touching the rounds when a magazine is inserted and rounds are cycled.

Here is a picture of what the slide stop is doing sometimes:

http://imgur.com/6p1Tzi7

Here is how it looks when I lightly touch the lever

http://imgur.com/B5ImoG5

I tested the follower as recommended by many of you, and it is moving cleanly through the magazine.

So my question is: do you agree that the issue is most likely the slide stop, and is that what I should tell Kahr to get this fixed? I honestly don't want to do any mods myself. I don't want to damage it, and I don't have tools or time. Not to mention I don't think I should have to fix this myself anyway.

Should I just send them the pictures and explanation? I just wonder why they didn't notice/fix this when I sent it the first time, you know?

Possibly the slide lock spring is damaged/not placed properly in relation to the slide lock. The slide lock should be held down by the spring until the last round has been chambered.
    "Do as I say not as I do"
    "You can't fix stupid"
    "Do what you want, 'cause you will any way"

Stay Safe

Quote Originally Posted by leftysixty View Post
    Possibly the slide lock spring is damaged/not placed properly in relation to the slide lock. The slide lock should be held down by the spring until the last round has been chambered.

Thank you for the reply, but I think I miscommunicated. To clarify, the lever is only slightly raised when the round gets stuck under it. Not any other time. But your comment is 100% correct regardless.

I think the common solution to that was to dremmel a bit off athelittle notch on the slide stop pin, but I don't want to mess with that myself. I'd rather be without the gun for awhile and make sure it is fixed correctly. Still trying to decide if I should send it back though.

I'd contact Kahr Service by phone. I'd politely explain the situation to them. They might be willing to send you a modified slide stop at no charge, or a prepaid mailer and RA# if they want the gun back. Make sure that they understand that this will be the second time that the gun is being returned for the same problem.
    Never trust anyone who doesn't trust you to own a gun.

Life Member - NRA
    Colt Gold Cup 70 series
    Colt Woodsman
    Ruger Mark III .22-45
    Kahr CM9
    Kahr P380

Is there any possibility that the magazine spring was put in backwards?

I'm in agreement that the nose on the slide stop is just a tad long. If the cartridge in the magazine is contacting it, it may nosedive, or, the slide stop may lock the slide open inadvertantly. There should be minimal clearance, but no contact between the slide stop and cartridges in the magazine.

Why now? Because the slide stop spring is a bit weaker I'd say.