Any unbiased person who reads the posts on kahrtalk will observe the high incidence of the small 9mm and 380 Kahrs failing to fire unacceptably often.
All kinds of reasons are given, and painstaking methods to try and keep the guns behaving are prescribed - it's like looking after a rare orchid. - its a damn gun that should work first time, every time - like a Glock does.

Then we see owners express joy when Kahr returns their failed firearms quickly, postage free. - It should NEVER have had to go back for repairs in the first place!!
It is a new, expensive firearm, made in the USA !!!

I was initially so excited about the Kahr P380 - its pocket size, trigger feel, external appearance of quality.
Until the time came to use it for its purpose.
I had problems from day one with this gun's non-performance.
I did all the advised pre-range prep before my first range trip.
At the range. it took an unholy 2 hours to get only a 100 rounds to fire - after stopping countless times due to the dreaded "click" and no "bang", among other issues.
The Range Master came by to help soon after the problems first began, and said, "Ah, it's that #!!# M----- gun (apparently referring to the owner and CEO of Kahr). he struggled with it, trying 3 different major manufacturers' round-nosed ammo (beside the PMC and HPR I was using)

Finally, after two plus hours of frustration, I took out my trusted Glock 17, and put 30 rounds dead on target before leaving the range - just to get the bad P380 taste out of my system.

I went back a couple of days later (yes, I cleaned & lubed the thing first, per this forum's Lube Chart)
This time it was almost all clicks. Another Range master came up and played around with it - no luck.

Took my new P380 back to the dealer. He played around with it for a day and I got a call the next day.
"The striker is marking the base of the shell, but not enough to ignite the primer every time" – Intermittent failure – 6 or 7 failures out of ten – this is more of a self-destruct gun rather than self defense.
The dealer also had several FTL and failure of the slide to lock back (on the rare occasions when the gun actually fired the last round in the magazine!!)

Also while at the dealership, we noticed that the polymer frame had bits of polymer hanging off it when the slide was removed.

The dealer sent it back to Kahr for repairs.
Anyway, I then ordered a Glock 42 and will be picking it up this month.
What an utterly frustrating experience.

No "self defense" weapon, especially a daily concealed carry, should be this unreliable - how can you trust it??
Even if it works for a while after the numerous repairs, will it decide to have another tantrum just at the moment that perp is about to attack you?
A CCW should not need this much fussing over - which most posters on this site seem to have to do – and some say it requires a clean and lube every 100 rounds !!
My brother's Glock 42 and Springfield XDS (9mm) have been 100% reliable from day one with round nosed ammo from major manufacturers.

Ah well, you live and learn – update in next post.