Tommy Gun Shop   CrossBreed Holsters   Kahr Shop   Xssights
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: My Kahr P380 - Unreliable for Personal Defense

If a Glock is what you think is so great....buy one. I think I hear the Glock site calling you....

Quote Originally Posted by Bawanna View Post
    I'd carry a sack full of rocks before I wasted my time on a 380!

There I said it. I know everyone hates me but I love myself and that's all that matters and I still don't carry a 380 or anything in my pocket like a girlyman.

The complaints on the 380's are nothing at all like they used to be. I thought for a while Kahr had them all figured out and I believe they did but that doesn't matter. Yours doesn't work and that's all that matters.

Kahr will fix it or replace it but if you've lost faith in it as most probably would have then move on. Life is too short for frustration in the pleasurable things in life like mostly guns.
    best post in the thread..... well said, life is to short ............

I hope they get it straightened out for you but shame on you for going on the internet and whining about your self defense gun not working,I mean jeez its not like your life depends on it or anything.....

Quote Originally Posted by timboy View Post
    I hope they get it straightened out for you but shame on you for going on the internet and whining about your self defense gun not working,I mean jeez its not like your life depends on it or anything.....
    Haha, thanks timboy.
    Looking forward to Monday.

We're pretty tolerant around here and allow criticism' constructive is generally preferred.

One thing we absolutely do not tolerate is personal attack, negative opinions, or slanderish remarks about Mr Moon, his relatives or employees or their families.

Any more an our relationship is over.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Default P380 Still Unreliable

Well,xxxxx I completed my tours of duty as a mere Captain - so no "present arms" for me.
    As an officer I have fired numerous handguns - large and small from a variety of manufacturers.

It is sad to see the blind xxxxx rush on this forum to aggressively defend faulty Kahrs - they Do fail, and ARE still failing.
    Skilled shooters are having problems - LEOs with 25 years experience using various handguns, including 380ACP Walthers and others.
    This year's P380 and PM9's have been downright terrible.
    Just because Kahr pays for the 3 round-trips to their facility for the umpteenth repair does NOT make it a RELIABLE self-defense weapon.
    If this is an honest, fair, forum, then members should accept the truth - this year has seen a rash of failures due to poor quality.
    I could supply numerous recent links, but users can Google- even Law Enforcement forums are relating problems with both the 9mm and the 380.

My brand new Kahr P380 failed again after the 2nd return to & repair by Kahr - 5 corrections/replacements were made the first time and 3 the second.
    My dealer, a local shooting champ was with me this time at the range (yesterday).
    Without my asking him, he offered to return it to his distributor and give me a full refund.

He had kindly brought a brand new G42 which we unboxed at the range. (No P380-required pre-cleaning, grease lubing or fussing over)
    It fired over 100 .380ACP rounds faultlessly - 50 of the el cheapo Walmart 'Perfecta' ammo and some PMC and Winchester. It was a great sales presentation - I took delivery of my order - a gun immediately proven to work as promised.
    This morning I was at a friend's backyard range (a 15 acre paradise) and we both put another 250+ rounds through the Glock 42, and quite a few through his Springfield XDs (9mm).
    Oh, by the way, I'd forgotten to clean my G42 after yesterday's range session, - but it still performed impeccably today.

So, until Kahr fixes their quality control issues, I would encourage all those who had problems with their Kahrs to try the G42 or the Springfield XDs 9mm.
    Last edited by gb6491; 11-18-2014 at 02:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by kenm View Post
    Well, xxxxx - I completed my tours of duty as a mere Captain - so no "present arms" for me.
    As an officer I have fired numerous handguns - large and small from a variety of manufacturers.

It is sad to see the blind xxxxx rush on this forum to aggressively defend faulty Kahrs - they Do fail, and ARE still failing.
    Skilled shooters are having problems - LEOs with 25 years experience using various handguns, including 380ACP Walthers and others.
    This year's P380 and PM9's have been downright terrible.
    Just because Kahr pays for the 3 round-trips to their facility for the umpteenth repair does NOT make it a RELIABLE self-defense weapon.
    If this is an honest, fair, forum, then members should accept the truth - this year has seen a rash of failures due to poor quality.
    I could supply numerous recent links, but users can Google- even Law Enforcement forums are relating problems with both the 9mm and the 380.

My brand new Kahr P380 failed again after the 2nd return to & repair by Kahr - 5 corrections/replacements were made the first time and 3 the second.
    My dealer, a local shooting champ was with me this time at the range (yesterday).
    Without my asking him, he offered to return it to his distributor and give me a full refund.

He had kindly brought a brand new G42 which we unboxed at the range. (No P380-required pre-cleaning, grease lubing or fussing over)
    It fired over 100 .380ACP rounds faultlessly - 50 of the el cheapo Walmart 'Perfecta' ammo and some PMC and Winchester. It was a great sales presentation - I took delivery of my order - a gun immediately proven to work as promised.
    This morning I was at a friend's backyard range (a 15 acre paradise) and we both put another 250+ rounds through the Glock 42, and quite a few through his Springfield XDs (9mm).
    Oh, by the way, I'd forgotten to clean my G42 after yesterday's range session, - but it still performed impeccably today.

So, until Kahr fixes their quality control issues, I would encourage all those who had problems with their Kahrs to try the G42 or the Springfield XDs 9mm.
    There's no issue with you taking Kahr to task for the problems you are experiencing with their products. The issue is about how you are going about it and your continued references to cults and such. Please see http://www.kahrtalk.com/showthread.p...um-House-Rules
    "4. Posts containing verbal attacks on the moderators, employees of Kahr Arms, or the company itself will be removed.
    "

It's good to read that you are having success with your larger G42 and your buddy's XD-S. The companies that produce them make excellent products, but the truth is there are folks who have had or are experiencing problems with the G42 and/or the XD-S (not to mention the XD-S recall). Just from personal experience, my XD-S runs fine after some tweaking, but my buddy gave up on his because of light strikes. I'm not knocking your and your friend's pistols, just pointing out that your experience won't always mirror that of others. There's no need to be insulting if they don't.

Regards,
    Greg
    [<a href=http://i43.tinypic.com/2n7fnux.gif target=_blank>http://i43.tinypic.com/2n7fnux.gif</a>

I would add that no I was not a Colonel. The title was issued by our much respected admin as sort of a southern gentlemen title. I feared at the time that folk may misinterpret it as you have, however you are the first.
    So it is I who should salute you as I failed to get in even though I attempted all branches starting with the Marines of course.

As Greg mentioned, we take no issue with constructive criticism of the product, but slandering the owner, company or their agents doesn't fly nor does it do anything to help improve anything.

I thought I had clarified that in my earlier post.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Quote Originally Posted by Bawanna View Post
    I would add that no I was not a Colonel. The title was issued by our much respected admin as sort of a southern gentlemen title. I feared at the time that folk may misinterpret it as you have, however you are the first.
    So it is I who should salute you as I failed to get in even though I attempted all branches starting with the Marines of course.

As Greg mentioned, we take no issue with constructive criticism of the product, but slandering the owner, company or their agents doesn't fly nor does it do anything to help improve anything.

I thought I had clarified that in my earlier post.
    Bawanna,
    Nothing wrong with an honorary title, heck R. Lee Ermey is an honorary "Gunnery Sergeant" and no one ever brings up his use of "Gunny" with any disdain.
    As an active duty enlisted Marine, I was required to render proper military courtesy to warrant officers and commissioned officers. So, I've made quite a few salutes to officers that I respected, but I've also simply saluted the rank. Now, that I'm a retired Marine, I'm pretty much done with saluting titles, but I'll still give respect for those folks that deserve it. You have mine.
    Regards,
    Greg
    [<a href=http://i43.tinypic.com/2n7fnux.gif target=_blank>http://i43.tinypic.com/2n7fnux.gif</a>

I bought the G42 as an impulse buy and had no problems with it but I found it difficult to replace my P380. My P380 is working pretty solid after a really long break-in period. My main problem with it was failure to extract. I recently sold the G42 and I replaced it with the smaller PM9. Unfortunately I had to send it in to Kahr after having it just 1 week. Im hoping Kahr will get it working right when it comes back from their shop.