CrossBreed Holsters   Mitch Rosen   Xssights   Tommy Gun Shop
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: My Kahr P380 - Unreliable for Personal Defense

You know it's good that people come here to voice their concerns and detail their problems. We all benefit from knowing what issues are out there and how to potentially correct/avoid them.

But.

For those who use their issues to bash the brand...or who feel that because their gun has issues that all Kahrs have issues...or who use this generous forum to advertise another brand instead of Kahr...or who think that because they read about issues that issues are the norm and not the exception...well...I'm thinking your parents didn't raise you right. Just sayin'.

OP. I'm truly sorry that your gun is having issues. None of us would want to be there. But how you handle it is your challenge. Good luck.
    ​O|||||||O

A reliable pocket .380 is a joy to own. It is to bad that the Kahr didn't work out for you. I've been through a similar situation with a different brand pistol and understand your frustration.
    "I hate quotations. Tell me what you know."
    Ralph Waldo Emerson

You first mistake was in going through the dealer. You should have contacted Kahr service on your own and dealt with them directly. Do you know for a fact that the dealer explained the problem fully? There are thousands of Kahr P380 in service that function perfectly and are totally reliable. I own one of them. The problem is that no one has any patience and everyone expects instant gratification. Unfortunately, we don't live in a perfect world. That's why they put erasers on pencils.
    Never trust anyone who doesn't trust you to own a gun.

Life Member - NRA
    Colt Gold Cup 70 series
    Colt Woodsman
    Ruger Mark III .22-45
    Kahr CM9
    Kahr P380

Quote Originally Posted by b4uqzme View Post
    You know it's good that people come here to voice their concerns and detail their problems. We all benefit from knowing what issues are out there and how to potentially correct/avoid them.

But.

For those who use their issues to bash the brand...or who feel that because their gun has issues that all Kahrs have issues...or who use this generous forum to advertise another brand instead of Kahr...or who think that because they read about issues that issues are the norm and not the exception...well...I'm thinking your parents didn't raise you right. Just sayin'.

OP. I'm truly sorry that your gun is having issues. None of us would want to be there. But how you handle it is your challenge. Good luck.
    I know that I keep saying this, but it's worth repeating. Be4uqzme, yer a man after my own heart.
    Never trust anyone who doesn't trust you to own a gun.

Life Member - NRA
    Colt Gold Cup 70 series
    Colt Woodsman
    Ruger Mark III .22-45
    Kahr CM9
    Kahr P380

It would be nice if we could get definitive answers from Kahr as to why a particular failure took place. They usually just tell you what they did to it. In my case, 3 broken strikers spread across a CW and P , I never specifically asked, "Why?". So I take the blame for not asking! Both guns ran fine otherwise. I figure they might have a difficult time tracking down the root cause in many cases. I love my P380!

Remember, the Glock 42 is also going through growing pains, so if you have problems with that.....................I wouldn't go to the Glock forum to ***** cause they won't believe you.

Quote Originally Posted by topgun1953 View Post
    It would be nice if we could get definitive answers from Kahr as to why a particular failure took place. They usually just tell you what they did to it. In my case, 3 broken strikers spread across a CW and P , I never specifically asked, "Why?". So I take the blame for not asking! Both guns ran fine otherwise. I figure they might have a difficult time tracking down the root cause in many cases. I love my P380!
    It would be nice, but the techs are not designers or engineers and I doubt they look for root causes. Their assigned task is to fix the problem. I think the most efficient way for Kahr factory techs to deal with warranty work is inspect the gun, replace anything it "might" be, make sure the gun is in spec, test fire, return, on to the next. Sometimes its not satisfying, but that's how it is.
    Rest in peace Muggsy

"Individual Muslims may show splendid qualities, but the influence of the religion paralyses the social development of those who follow it. No stronger retrograde force exists in the world." Winston Churchill 1899

My Kahr MK9 is excellent. Metal pistols are my preference!

I've seen a big drop in the amount of complaints on the p380. Used to be at least one a week, now it's not all that common. I think they've improved the quality on the gun, but still a few bad ones slip through. It's very frustratring to get one of these pistols, but Kahr should make it right.
    Tom
    Live today, tomorrow may not come!
    Boberg XR9S
    Kahr CW40
    Springfield Armory 1911
    Dan Wesson Revolver

HY*NDAI is to cars, what Caracal, Hi-Point, and Jennings is to handguns. The cars may or may not run ok, but the corporation SUCKS.

OP, pretty much describes my experiences with the G42 I bought. Took it back for a PM9 and couldn't be happier and then got a P380 that has run flawless with the exception of Fiocchi FMJ.