Xssights   Magnum Research new   Mitch Rosen   Crimsontrace
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: My Kahr P380 - Unreliable for Personal Defense

I'm on my second P380. The first one had a few hiccups the first 300 rounds, but then was very reliable with almost any ammo. Stupid me, I wanted the all-black one to match my PM9, and ordered a new one with night sights. This one is giving me fits. Up to around 600 rounds now, still doesn't return to battery reliably, and the front sight is WAY to tall. Have to aim 2" high at 7 yds to hit where I want. I was hoping it might "settle in" on its own, but I think it's time for it to head back to Kahr. Hopefully they can get it straightened out.

When the front rail on my PM9 broke off, Kahr was very good about it and sent me a FedEx sticker to send it back to them. It came back quickly and was perfect. Hope I don't have to eat a $60.00 FedEx bill myself to get warranty work on this one.

Charlie

P.S. - I also have a Glock 42. Nice gun, and I shoot very well with it. You'll undoubtedly like it, but it is no pocket pistol. I'd give Kahr a shot at getting it right. My first one (should have kept it) was amazingly accurate, and with the CT laser in my pocket, it was perfect for summer. I hope they get this one smoothed out like the old one.

I polished the inside of my chamber and it stopped the FRTB thing.

I'd carry a sack full of rocks before I wasted my time on a 380!

There I said it. I know everyone hates me but I love myself and that's all that matters and I still don't carry a 380 or anything in my pocket like a girlyman.

The complaints on the 380's are nothing at all like they used to be. I thought for a while Kahr had them all figured out and I believe they did but that doesn't matter. Yours doesn't work and that's all that matters.

Kahr will fix it or replace it but if you've lost faith in it as most probably would have then move on. Life is too short for frustration in the pleasurable things in life like mostly guns.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Quote Originally Posted by muggsy View Post
    I know that I keep saying this, but it's worth repeating. Be4uqzme, yer a man after my own heart.
    Thanks I guess...

I think it comes from growing up a (insert Browns/Indians/Cavs here) fan. Sorta gives you a clarity about what is important in life.
    ​O|||||||O

Quote Originally Posted by Bawanna View Post
    I'd carry a sack full of rocks before I wasted my time on a 380!

There I said it. I know everyone hates me but I love myself and that's all that matters and I still don't carry a 380 or anything in my pocket like a girlyman.

The complaints on the 380's are nothing at all like they used to be. I thought for a while Kahr had them all figured out and I believe they did but that doesn't matter. Yours doesn't work and that's all that matters.

Kahr will fix it or replace it but if you've lost faith in it as most probably would have then move on. Life is too short for frustration in the pleasurable things in life like mostly guns.
    Girlyman!!! Them's fightin words where I come from. I'll bet if I pressed the muzzle of my P380 against yer nose you'd call me Mr. Girlyman. The nerve of some peoples children. The unmitigated gall.
    Never trust anyone who doesn't trust you to own a gun.

Life Member - NRA
    Colt Gold Cup 70 series
    Colt Woodsman
    Ruger Mark III .22-45
    Kahr CM9
    Kahr P380

Quote Originally Posted by b4uqzme View Post
    Thanks I guess...

I think it comes from growing up a (insert Browns/Indians/Cavs here) fan. Sorta gives you a clarity about what is important in life.
    Being a (insert Browns/Indians/Cavs here) fan does have a tendency to do that.
    Never trust anyone who doesn't trust you to own a gun.

Life Member - NRA
    Colt Gold Cup 70 series
    Colt Woodsman
    Ruger Mark III .22-45
    Kahr CM9
    Kahr P380

When it comes to merchandise, first impressions are everything. My first Kahr product (MK40) has worked great from day one. I love my MK40 and would have no problem buying another Kahr. But, if I had the same problems as the OP when I bought my MK40, I would likely never buy another Kahr and would never recommend anyone else buy one. I think most people are of the same opinion.
    I think I understand where the OP is coming from. I am not very knowledgeable about the issue so I am of no use to him. However, if I could, I would provide as much support to him as I could to get his gun working. Having a successful product that proves reliable over time might remove enough of the bad taste that he might give Kahr another chance in the future. Talking down to the OP and treating him like a child, no matter what your personal opinion is of his initial post, serves no good purpose whatsoever and is actually detrimental.
    Rant over.
    "Typing the word "grandparents," I mistyped and the autocorrect changed it to CandyLand. Not entirely inaccurate." - Our daughter.

A Kahr, a Glock, a Ruger, two Brownings, two Remingtons, and a Crossman.

You are too generous DavidS. Based on the OP's posts, he wasn't coming here for any constructive purpose IMHO. Regardless, I wish him the best.
    ​O|||||||O

Thanks to everyone who was supportive.
    As I said, I hope that after this 2nd repair by Kahr, my P380 will perform as I'd hoped it would.

I'm disappointed at the hostility of some who posted a response. I was showing the forum posts to my former colleague in the LAPD. He said that a few sounded like the cult members he dealt with during his days in the anti-cult unit decades ago.

In case people think the problems are unusual, below's a link from others who suffered this year.
    These problems have to be fixed - Kahr must do something about its quality control.
    I am still ready to give it another wholehearted try because if my P380 works, it would be the ideal pocket carry for our warm-weather clothing.

http://ingunowners.com/forums/handgu...ng-issues.html

God forbid anyone who comes here and bashes our beloved Kahrs. The only thing worse, is when one bashes Kahr and threatens to replace it with a GLOCK.

It's not you, kenm. The response repeats itself over and over again.
    NRA Life Member

"Owning a handgun doesn't make you armed any more than owning a guitar makes you a musician." -Col Jeff Cooper