Tommy Gun   Mitch Rosen   Tommy Gun Shop   Crimsontrace
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: so far so good

I see Trey Gowdy punching Harry Reid.

My CM45 had a few failures in the first 50 rounds, just a couple in the 2nd 50, and ran great the 3rd 50. I am sure glad the recoil spring loosened up a bit. That thing was a monster to pull the slide back to where it would lock open before it was fired.
    Tom
    Live today, tomorrow may not come!
    Boberg XR9S
    Kahr CW40
    Springfield Armory 1911
    Dan Wesson Revolver

HY*NDAI is to cars, what Caracal, Hi-Point, and Jennings is to handguns. The cars may or may not run ok, but the corporation SUCKS.

That's something I'd like to see for real.
    Never trust anyone who doesn't trust you to own a gun.

Life Member - NRA
    Colt Gold Cup 70 series
    Colt Woodsman
    Ruger Mark III .22-45
    Kahr CM9
    Kahr P380

I stripped it for another inspection and a thorough cleaning today. Again, I really didn't see any plastic shavings or damage inside. Any that I did cleaned up with my thumbnail. I'm pretty anal and that was my worst fear: that it would get all chewed up inside. Not that that would impair function...it would just bug me. I did notice something in that vein worth mentioning: it is real easy to get the slide out of square with the frame when you are removing or installing it. I wonder if that's the source of some of the gouges we've seen?
    ​O|||||||O

Aw man, I see Toto too! He's right there.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

I never realized Toto looks just like a guy punching someone on the ground before!

BTW, I really would like to purchase a CM9 or CW9 with "failure to" feed, fire, lock back, etc issues. I want to run experiments but all the Kahrs I know of, either mine or friends, all run great. I would love to get one deemed unreliable and see how to fix it.

Default taking my time

Ran rounds 50-100 thru the CM45 today. It wasn't perfect: had 2 fail-to-return-full-battery. I was also able to let a couple of other shooters try it...just to confirm that limpwristing is a legitimate possibility. Neither shooter is familiar with Kahrs and both encountered issues/jams that cleared up as soon as I took over.

So far I am very happy and haven't encountered anything that shouldn't resolve itself with more rounds. There's a fix on this forum for the FTRTFB but I doubt that will be necessary. This gun is tight and you can tell it is working hard to strip and feed the next round. The mag spring is particularly strong and the first round is very tight against the mag lips. Yet I am able to successfully slingshot already.

We are no where near trying hollowpoints yet...strictly FMJ until everything runs smooth.

So, while it is not 100% right out of the box, I'm pretty sure we are ahead of schedule and it will be nice to have a .45 carry option.
    ​O|||||||O

I see a Pumpkin with a big a$$ ragged hole in it.

Yeah, the little son of a gun is super accurate. I kept all my groups within 3 inches today at 7 yards. We had a computer keyboard hanging off its cord and they dared me to hit the cord...first (somewhat lucky) shot.
    ​O|||||||O

Quote Originally Posted by yqtszhj View Post
    I see it too!!!
    I see Toto too.. and at the bottom left..looks like he took a dump!
    "If we ever forget we are one nation under God, then we will be a nation gone under." Ronald Reagan

Smile Ho hum

Rounds 101-150 update: Speer Lawman 230gr TMJ this time.

1. Round 102 did not return fully to battery...I'll have to watch this but I still think it will smooth out with rounds down the tube.
    2. the rest were perfect.

I don't want to jynx myself but I'm pretty confident in this one. I'm not 100 percent sure what Kahr means by a 200 round break-in but I am going to keep breaking in until I see 200 trouble free rounds in a row. Gives me a reason to go shoot.
    ​O|||||||O