Mitch Rosen   Crimsontrace   Tommy Gun   Xssights
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: DA the best for SD?

another good point about the trigger pull. In competition, I really don't notice the difference in first vs. the rest of the trigger pulls. All my focus is on hitting the target and being aware of the scenario. The DA/SA trigger pull thing would not concern me at all for self defense...as long as I don't have to thumb a safety.
    ​O|||||||O

If someone is willing to carry a Kahr, Glock etc., I really don't understand why they would use a safety on their da/sa firearm. Between 1911 models, da only models, and da/sa................da/sa are by far the safest to carry, safety or no safety. There is a reason for that first pull. Since I am a new 1911 owner, I have to get acquainted with that type of carry...........I like to be able/comfortable to carry any/all of my firearms. I am least comfortable with the cock and lock................we'll see how it goes......it's not a deal breaker, as far as the firearm goes.

1911's are wonderful to shoot and own...I just don't carry them.
    ​O|||||||O

I'm comfortable and proficient with two manual of arms for defense, 1911 single action and double action revolver. I can pretty much mindlessly switch between them. One big reason I can carry a PM9 is it mentally fits easily into the DA revolver category. Since I carry SA cocked and locked I'm able to work with my Glocks as a 1911 style....swiping off a nonexistent safety.
    NRA Benefactor

I'm not a fan of SA pistols for CC. Most of them have to sensitive of a trigger for an older guy like me, that has muscle spasms that might set off a light trigger. I find the Kahr to be my perfect carry option. The long trigger makes it where a muscle spasm is not going to fire it. I also like the DAO Sig P250. My favorite of the DAO triggers is on my S&W M&P Pro, on which you take up the slack with very little resistance, then feel it stop, at that point applying about 5 lbs of pressure gives you a very crisp trigger break, almost as crisp as a 1911. But it is a little large for CC, with it's 5" barrel. If I were a cop or armed security professional, I definitely would look into it as a duty weapon, or if I were into open carry, I'd not hesitate to strap it on.
    Tom
    Live today, tomorrow may not come!
    Boberg XR9S
    Kahr CW40
    Springfield Armory 1911
    Dan Wesson Revolver

HY*NDAI is to cars, what Caracal, Hi-Point, and Jennings is to handguns. The cars may or may not run ok, but the corporation SUCKS.

Upstate NY - (nothing like NYC). In remote country with thousands of acres of hunting.

Quote Originally Posted by TheTman View Post
    I'm not a fan of SA pistols for CC. Most of them have to sensitive of a trigger for an older guy like me, that has muscle spasms that might set off a light trigger. I find the Kahr to be my perfect carry option. The long trigger makes it where a muscle spasm is not going to fire it. I also like the DAO Sig P250. My favorite of the DAO triggers is on my S&W M&P Pro, on which you take up the slack with very little resistance, then feel it stop, at that point applying about 5 lbs of pressure gives you a very crisp trigger break, almost as crisp as a 1911. But it is a little large for CC, with it's 5" barrel. If I were a cop or armed security professional, I definitely would look into it as a duty weapon, or if I were into open carry, I'd not hesitate to strap it on.
    I agree. My S&W M&P Pro 40 is my favorite trigger too. Don't get me wrong...I love my PM40's DAO trigger too and that's what I carry. I would carry the S&W M&P Pro40. It is a shooter and my IDPA gun of choice. But too big for conceal carry. I've often considered the M&P Shield, but stick with my PM40. I agree that the Kahr DAO is a great SD trigger....no safety to deal with....safety is built into the trigger.
    My Sword - PM4044N/CTL/Talons
    - "One should diligently train at all times." Miyamoto Musashi
    - "Train in technique until it requires no thought - no mind and just happens." Takan Soho
    - "The truth beyond the technique....Here's where we stop thinking and start shooting." Brian Enos
    - "A single sword against the cold sky." Yamaoka Tesshu
    - "You must concentrate upon and consecrate yourself wholly to each day, as though a fire were raging in your hair."
    Taisen Deshimaru
    - "Know your sword!"

I do like DAO, Kahr style, for the simplicity, but I prefer a shorter trigger for accurate rapid fire. DA/SA offers that, but the choices in compact pistols are very limited, especially if you prefer metal frames as I do.
    Man of steel - Kahr T9, SP101

They get smaller??? Dang!
    ​O|||||||O