CrossBreed Holsters   Kahr Shop   Xssights   Tommy Gun Shop

Thread: K9 Magazines not catching and locking in the pistol

Default K9 Magazines not catching and locking in the pistol

Advice needed. I have some new magazines that are not catching and locking in my K9. Any idea what the issue might be? Thanks in advance.

I sold them to another guy. Suggested that he try "slamming" them in as they are new. It worked. Tight guns, tight mags too I guess.

You could remove a little material from the top of the polymer base, OR, with a small file remove a tiny bit of metal from the top of the retention notch in the magazine tube. Keep the file perpendicular to the side of the tube so as not to round the slot edge and ruin retention. Do minute adjustments in either case and check if there's good lockup.

In the first case, lay a sheet of fine to medium grit sandpaper on a flat surface, grit side up, and then rub the top of the polymer base in an even circular motion to remove a tiny bit, checking frequently for secure lockup.

Wynn
    USAF Retired '88, NRA Life Member. Wife USAF Retired '96
    Avatar: Wynn re-enlists his wife Desiree, circa 1988 Loring AFB, ME. 42nd BMW, Heavy (SAC) B-52G's
    Frédéric Bastiat’s essay, The Law: http://mises.org/books/thelaw.pdf

Thomas Jefferson said

“A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have.”
    and

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading".

Quote Originally Posted by wyntrout View Post
    You could remove a little material from the top of the polymer base, OR, with a small file remove a tiny bit of metal from the top of the retention notch in the magazine tube. Keep the file perpendicular to the side of the tube so as not to round the slot edge and ruin retention. Do minute adjustments in either case and check if there's good lockup.

In the first case, lay a sheet of fine to medium grit sandpaper on a flat surface, grit side up, and then rub the top of the polymer base in an even circular motion to remove a tiny bit, checking frequently for secure lockup.

Wynn
    what wybn is saying is the way to go. only modify the polymer base on the magazine, dont tocuh the gun or stainless magazine. asur holdup is definitely the polymer base being to close to the end of the mag well.
    not big deal, follow what whyn says..
    . My PM9 has over 40,000+ rounds through it, and runs much better than an illegal trying to get across our border

NRA BENEFACTOR MEMBER

MAY GOD BLESS MUGGSY

Jocko is right... as usual. Modify the plastic base a tad. The tube can be ruined if you destroy the slot's retention capability.

Sometimes the full mags won't insert with the slide in battery... forward. There can be too much pressure from the top round against the bottom of the slide. Chambering from open slide with the slide release can overcome this... possible, but you still have a problem when you try to load mag capacity + 1 after topping off the magazine. I've run into this with some mags when I had a Springfield 1911... nice to discover at the range rather when in need!

Wynn
    USAF Retired '88, NRA Life Member. Wife USAF Retired '96
    Avatar: Wynn re-enlists his wife Desiree, circa 1988 Loring AFB, ME. 42nd BMW, Heavy (SAC) B-52G's
    Frédéric Bastiat’s essay, The Law: http://mises.org/books/thelaw.pdf

Thomas Jefferson said

“A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have.”
    and

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading".

Thank you all for the information. I will pass it on.

Quote Originally Posted by jocko View Post
    what wybn is saying is the way to go. only modify the polymer base on the magazine, dont tocuh the gun or stainless magazine. asur holdup is definitely the polymer base being to close to the end of the mag well.
    not big deal, follow what whyn says..
    Nice to see you back, sheepherder. Shearing must be over for the year.
    Never trust anyone who doesn't trust you to own a gun.

Life Member - NRA
    Colt Gold Cup 70 series
    Colt Woodsman
    Ruger Mark III .22-45
    Kahr CM9
    Kahr P380