Tommy Gun Shop   CrossBreed Holsters   Mitch Rosen   Kahr Shop
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Updated 12/30/14 - P9 slide fits CW9. CW9 Bubba slide melt. 56k beware!

Default Updated 12/30/14 - P9 slide fits CW9. CW9 Bubba slide melt. 56k beware!

****Update 12/30/2014. Hello everyone! Thanks for staying tuned! So, Kahr sent me a new P9 Black slide after the first came with a blemish. I slipped the CW9 barrel into the P9 slide. Naturally, it was a very snug fit. I was quite nervous as the barrel didn't seat fully as if it were in battery. I thought maybe there were millimeters if difference that I wasn't noticing. Turns out all it needed was a little muscle to fully seat. With a little oil and hand manipulation I got it to loosen up. I fit the front day sight and voila, put it all together.

So, to answer the question. Yes, a P9 slide does fit all other CW9 components. This has how been confirmed twice in this thread. Shout out to our member cobrasjp for 1st confirmation!

I must say that I'm quite fond of the two-tone look. Definitely thought the controls were going to need to be black as well, but I'm done! The contrast is nice in my opinion. I'll be taking it to the range this week.****

*****Update 12/22/14. See following pictures. P9 Black slide arrived from Kahr. There is a blemish on the top of the slide behind the rear sight. Am I crazy? If I was buying a brand new gun I would ask to see if that had any others in stock. I'm OCD. I haven't even put the slide on the frame because I'm going to contact Kahr customer service tomorrow. It looked like it was done before the DLC coating applied. It was dinged, then coated. Your thoughts?********

Good evening! A couple things to touch on here and will keep it short and sweet:

Will a P9 slide fit on a CW9 frame with all CW9 parts: striker, striker block, extractor, etc...?

Why you ask? Well, I purchased a used CW9 with the sole purpose of it being a "tinkering" piece; knowing full well that things could turn out great... or not so great... and most of all, become a money pit. I started to work on a slide melt and began to file away at the sharp corners. I got a little carried away near the front of the slide on the hard edge near the rolled CW9 lettering. Basically, I took off a bit too much on one side, had to match the other, and so on and so forth to keep things even. Now, it looks great off the frame and it's finished well, but the slide tapers in skinnier than the dust cover. I don't like that. Now I'm in the market for a new slide and will put this one up for sale, cheap. Just trying to decide between the P9 or CW9 slide direct from Kahr. Yes, my decision making went like this: 1) I do an awesome melt job and get a Cerakote finish 2) I'm out $145 + shipping for the cost of a slide. That was a chance I was willing to take.

The slide is not done. It still needs finishing work, but I'm done removing any more metal.

This is my first post on the forum. I've been lurking for a while and finally decided to join. I hope that I can give as much as I receive. Y'all seem like a great bunch. Now, you may enjoy my experiment.

Last edited by ATTAKK; 12-30-2014 at 08:03 PM.

Looks good, that polymer dust cover doesn't stick out too far, but I understand if it drives you crazy. You could just put a decent radius on the outer edge of the dust cover, but I am sure you considered this. As far as the CW/P convertibility, I would have no idea officially, but if you call Kahr and they say it is ok..... With pictures like that, I cannot wait to see your future posts...

And welcome to the forum...
    Comparison is the thief of Joy....

CW380
    MK9

Update: I called Kahr this afternoon and asked if they could unofficially advise if the P9 slide would fit the CW9. The gentleman said, "Most of the machining is the same, but there may be some issues with the barrel / slide fitment."

So, I'd have have to purchase at my own risk.

Now... time for some more Googling in P9 barrel into CW9 slide fitment...

Original melt photos...

Last edited by ATTAKK; 12-30-2014 at 07:59 PM.

Lovely job on the melt job, I'd contour the dust cover to match. Call it a done deal. That portion of the dust cover doesn't take any stress or critical pressure.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Quote Originally Posted by Bawanna View Post
    Lovely job on the melt job, I'd contour the dust cover to match. Call it a done deal. That portion of the dust cover doesn't take any stress or critical pressure.
    I thought about that, but surprisingly that scares me more than working on the slide! If I get the stones, I'll be sure to share.

Welcome to the forum.

The frames are the same on both models, so why would the slides not interchange?
    "Do as I say not as I do"
    "You can't fix stupid"
    "Do what you want, 'cause you will any way"

Stay Safe

Don't mess with the dust cover, I doubt the plastic over the front rails insert is very thick.
    Regards,
    Greg
    [<a href=http://i43.tinypic.com/2n7fnux.gif target=_blank>http://i43.tinypic.com/2n7fnux.gif</a>

Didn't look to me like he'd have to go far enough back to get to the dust covers but the picture might be deceiving. I agree the plastic isn't very thick at that point.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

ATTAKK, i just posted on another thread that i was thinking about doing what you did. You're a bad influence and welcome.
    The only thing better than having all the guns and ammo you'd ever need would be being able to shoot it all off the back porch.

Want to see what will be the end of our country as we know it???
    Visit here:
    http://www.usdebtclock.org/

Quote Originally Posted by leftysixty View Post
    Welcome to the forum.

The frames are the same on both models, so why would the slides not interchange?
    Honestly, that's a great question. I did some more searching and it sounds like there could be a difference in the width of the barrel lug between CW9 generations. I'm going to get out a micrometer and take some measurements -- see if anyone with a P9 can help me out. Just trying to make an informed decision.