Kahr Shop   Tommy Gun Shop   CrossBreed Holsters   Mitch Rosen
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Finally bought my first Kahr, a CM9.

Default Finally bought my first Kahr, a CM9.

I've been interested in the Kahr CM9 for quite a while now and finally bit the bullet and got one today. I couldn't beat the price, $368 WITH a Lasermax sight, and it's BNIB, not used. I've never used a laser before, so I'm not sure if I'll like it, but hey, it came with it at the price of a CM9 without it. I started out with my smallest gun being a Ruger SR9c, and it seemed small, but after a while, not so much, so I bought a Sccy CPX2. It was smaller and lighter, but it too seemed too fat after a while, and with it's trigger, it is somewhat difficult to shoot well. Enter the Kahr CM9. This thing is about as small as it's going to get while still having a 9mm, and good quality gun. I'll have to wait until next Friday to shoot it. I'm looking forward to it.

Everybody likes pics right? Here are some comparing it to the above mentioned guns.

Thanks for sharing.

The CM9 sure makes the others look ginormous.

Me likey pics! Thanks. Enjoy your new pistol.
    ​O|||||||O

Congratulations! Nice pics. The CM9 is a great gun. Small and light enough for many to pocket carry. It's best to give it a thorough cleaning and lubing before it's first outing. Also recommend using factory fresh FMJs to start with.

muggsy: Let's face it, being shot by a .380 will ruin anyone's day.

Nice pistol. The CM9 has pretty much become my EDC now that we have to wear heavy winter clothing up here. I pocket carry it in a Nemesis holster.
    Draw me not without provocation, sheath me not without honor.

Quote Originally Posted by DavidR View Post
    Congratulations! Nice pics. The CM9 is a great gun. Small and light enough for many to pocket carry. It's best to give it a thorough cleaning and lubing before it's first outing. Also recommend using factory fresh FMJs to start with.
    Thanks. The first thing I do with any gun I buy after I get home is tear it down, clean and lube it the way I think it should be, but that's a great point as many people don't do that. On a Ruger board I frequent I always preach that because it seems many peoples failures with the SR series of guns are from not cleaning the factory gunk of it.

I see a progression here... Is a .380 going to be your next purchase?

Nice pics BTW.
    "I hate quotations. Tell me what you know."
    Ralph Waldo Emerson

Nice! I just bought a CM9 but no laser. For $299, I couldn't resist. I usually carry a Glock 19 but with old age it is becoming more difficult. I'm at 125 rounds of the break in with no issues. I polished the barrel and did a thorough cleaning. I'm struggling a bit with point of aim. Low Left, I know it's me. But for a light weight back up, I'll get used to it. Update on how you like the laser.

If you like the CM9 trigger, the 5lb springs are your friend.

Sent from my SM-P600 using Tapatalk
    (this space intentionally left blank)

Quote Originally Posted by codegeek View Post
    If you like the CM9 trigger, the 5lb springs are your friend.

Sent from my SM-P600 using Tapatalk
    The stock trigger is pretty nice, and smooth, but I wouldn't mind a slightly lighter pull. Where would I get the 5lb spring?