Crimsontrace   Magnum Research new   Xssights   CrossBreed Holsters
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: What ammo works and what doesn't work in CW380

Quote Originally Posted by ulflyer View Post
    I just ordered 5 boxes of flat nose from Freedom Ammo; hope it will work in my CW!
    mine shoots the 100gn fp no problem, as long as the brass I load isn't chewed up that is..

Quote Originally Posted by TheLastDaze View Post
    the bullet is not longer, in fact the extrema you mention use 'star line' brass which are up to spec... funny thing my cw380 is the most finicky gun I own and it will shoot the extrema just fine...

we know PERFECTA is a no go... this casing IS out of spec....
    I'm not talking about the casing, I'm talking about the bullet which is the actual projectile. The box of Fiochi Extrema xtp that I have the bullet is longer than all other .380 bullets I've ever seen

95 gr Fiochi fmj will jam mine up every round ....... and I have close to 500 rounds through mine
    there is certainly a "bulge" in the fresh casing right out of the box, every round ......... and I have about 5 more
    boxes to burn through
    my neighbors or my LCP - no problem with that ammo - in fact just this Saturday I traded him a box of fiochi
    for a box of RELOADS and the cw ate every reload round perfectly - go figure

Dan T @ the BKG

No issues with PPU, PMC Bronze, American Eagle, Blazer Brass...

Remington UMC..."OK"...it has jammed sometimes but not very often...

I'll echo the Ficohhi sucks sentiment.....jam, jam, jam, jam jam

Some posters have argued that every gun is an individual, suggesting that there is no point comparing notes about what ammo works in their individual Kahr CW380; but if that were the whole story, we would not be seeing the common patterns we see in this thread and others. Although there are exceptions to each broad trend (such as Perfecta ammo not cycling), the broad trend is still there.

No one owner has the money to buy and test every ammo to see what works or doesn't work in their gun. So, it makes sense to start one's ammo search by considering the broad trends gleaned from the experience of others who are shooting the same make and model you are shooting. Then, you can see if your individual gun experiences the same success with the ammo that has been successful for others.

This is true in many many things in life. Weather your getting into Archery, muzzle loading, flag pole painting or mud wrestling, find somebody that's good at it and do what they do, use what works for them, then modify to perfect your own self.

Every gun is an individual but as you so eloquently stated, there are definitely trends. And notably junk cheap ammo is junk cheap ammo in any gun. Some guns will run it but why bother.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."