CrossBreed Holsters   Mitch Rosen   Xssights   Magnum Research new
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New 9mm

Default New 9mm

Smith and Wesson M&P Shield 9mm

Picked this up a couple of weeks ago. I've put 175 rounds through it flawlessly (3 types of round nosed-FMJ, flat-nosed FMJ, 124 gr Speer Gold Dot JHP and 124 gr Federal HST JHP). Came with a 7 round and 8 round magazine. The picture below is with the 7 round magazine and an NDZ finger extension, also added a Pachmayr Grip Sleeve. This gun feels very natural in my hand and perceived recoil is almost non-existent with the grip sleeve. I put a bike tube on it before adding the grip sleeve and that completely eliminates the slipping that can be a problem with the Pachmayr sleeves.

This is my new nightstand, car, hotel room, or OWB cold weather gun. My EDC is a pocket 380 as I live in south Florida and generally wear "summer" clothing.

Now comes my big confession. I no longer own a Kahr firearm. Can I still hang around with you guys? If you say no, I guess I'll go out and buy a K9.

muggsy: Let's face it, being shot by a .380 will ruin anyone's day.

Enjoy the K9. They are great pistols.

My BIL shoots M&Ps. They are very good guns IMHO. I just prefer to stay away from safeties on carry firearms. They make that M&P 9mm in a model without a safety BTW.

Stick around. We'll get you back on the Kahr bandwagon...
    ​O|||||||O

DavidR O.K. by me. I have the Shield 40 S&W. My reason is that I wanted a small pistol with a safety to carry in a 12:00 pouch and at my age did not want to take a chance on a negligent discharge in that position. I feel perfectly comfortable with that pistol in that carry position. My Kahr CM9 is my EDC pocket carry,and my incredibly accurate belt carry is my Kahr CW45. Still do not trust a short trigger stroke striker fired pistol in my hands.

My shield 9 mm is a great gun. Love the trigger and I shoot it as well any gun I've ever owned. Enjoy yours.

Nice pistol. I tried one that my buddy has and it shot very nice for me. I am seriously considering getting one of these without the safety. nevertheless, I won't get rid of my Kahrs.

I'm okay with the safety. I don't use it when the pistol is hot - i.e. loaded, holstered and ready to go.

Dave

muggsy: Let's face it, being shot by a .380 will ruin anyone's day.

Dave, I wouldn't have an issue with the safety if I was not left handed.

Nope, you have to leave the forum immediately, if not sooner. Return your Jocko decoder ring and forever hold your piece. We can't have members who aren't brand loyal.
    Never trust anyone who doesn't trust you to own a gun.

Life Member - NRA
    Colt Gold Cup 70 series
    Colt Woodsman
    Ruger Mark III .22-45
    Kahr CM9
    Kahr P380

I have come close a few times, in purchasing one............................if they were just a tad smaller........................................... .........................

I have owned a Shield since they came out. It gets carried a lot. Take a look at the Garrett's line of leather lined kydex. I have used the Silent Thunder Solo and it is very comfortable and worth every penny.

http://www.giholsters.com/silent-thunder-solo/

"Never pet a burning dog"