Kahr Shop   Magnum Research new   Tommy Gun Shop   Crimsontrace
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: What do you do for a living (career)?

Default What do you do for a living (career)?

Morning!

It's usually one of the first questions you're asked when you meet someone... "Hey Scott, nice to meet you. So, what do you do for a living?".

There's a wide career spectrum in the firearm enthusiast community. You never know when you might run into another brother or sister of the gun!

I'm a commercial underwriter & broker for a national insurance wholesaler. We offer property & liability insurance for hard to place risks. Our clients are the retail agents that sell coverage to the end-user, you and me. So I don't actually sell insurance, I'm the middle-man.

So, what do you do for a living?

Was a blue collar worker started running a a/c duct work install crew in '73 .Moved to a custom builder in '76 and learned the trade. Built homes on the side in the '80s with a friend & co-worker for other blue collar types and work up thru the builder I worked for . Moved to NC 17 years ago to build custom homes with a friend here . Now I'm about useless and to broke down to be worth much and had to retired a couple years early . I shoot , hunt a little, reload and peck on this key board and be a general pain in the butt for my wife of 38 years . Ha And have two girls the CC and two grandkids to teach to shoot and hunt when they get older, hopefully.

Life is good.

Nothing.......................

Trophy Husband.

I compress 'problems' until they vanish.

Quote Originally Posted by ATTAKK View Post
    Morning!

It's usually one of the first questions you're asked when you meet someone... "Hey Scott, nice to meet you. So, what do you do for a living?".

There's a wide career spectrum in the firearm enthusiast community. You never know when you might run into another brother or sister of the gun!

I'm a commercial underwriter & broker for a national insurance wholesaler. We offer property & liability insurance for hard to place risks. Our clients are the retail agents that sell coverage to the end-user, you and me. So I don't actually sell insurance, I'm the middle-man.

So, what do you do for a living?
    Yes I have had that skame problem when asked what I do for a living, I tell them I breed sheep and they come back and say oh u must have some nice Rams in the herd and then I hve to say NO RAMS, I breed sheep. Conversation usualy ends then..
    . My PM9 has over 40,000+ rounds through it, and runs much better than an illegal trying to get across our border

NRA BENEFACTOR MEMBER

MAY GOD BLESS MUGGSY

I'm a soldier of fortune. I make a fortune. I lose a fortune. At the moment I'm between fortunes.
    Never trust anyone who doesn't trust you to own a gun.

Life Member - NRA
    Colt Gold Cup 70 series
    Colt Woodsman
    Ruger Mark III .22-45
    Kahr CM9
    Kahr P380

I'm retired so I buy reloading components, shoot, clean guns, reload then the cycle begins all over again broken only when I have to stop and cast ingots from wheel weights to cast, size and lube bullets. Oh yes, I also have a "Honey, do" list that I try to avoid whenever possible.

When you're retired every day is Saturday.
    Never trust anyone who doesn't trust you to own a gun.

Life Member - NRA
    Colt Gold Cup 70 series
    Colt Woodsman
    Ruger Mark III .22-45
    Kahr CM9
    Kahr P380

I love Saturdays................