Tommy Gun Shop   CrossBreed Holsters   Mitch Rosen   Xssights
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Best Carry Pistol........For Me?

Yeah......extra crispy would stink. Again: chicken!
    ​O|||||||O

I really like the Sig 290rs, I added to mine a Galloway trigger, recoil spring and stainless guide rod. It now has nice trigger and is dependable. Never heard of the SV model however?

http://gallowayprecision.com/sig-sauer/p290/
    "Life Member NRA"
    I am addicted to brake fluid...don't worry I can STOP at anytime!

Quote Originally Posted by berettabone View Post
    Sounds like two good choices to me....................you'll have to let us know how the Sig is working. The weather isn't cooperating, so I haven't been able to try out my new toy. How's the trigger on the Sig? I am spoiled by my MK trigger, and I am curious about the 290 trigger. I have been eyeing them up for a while.
    Only have a 100 rds at this point, going back Friday. The trigger has a long pull but is smooth and I was able to maintain a decent group at in a large pie plate at 10 yards. the one thing I can say is that the trigger pull on this pistol is manageable and with time should prove to be no obstacle to accuracy or smooth operation. Plan on posting my progress with this pistol after each range trip.
    jkar

i love sig guns have several. but only carry one of the 7 kahrs that i own. not because they are necessarily better than sig but they are hammerless. when i used to play cop many years ago i allways wore windbreaker or vest with hammerless backup in pocket. i hae gone to salvation army and gotten junk jackkets several times and shot 1st shot from pocket. you can be pretty damn accurate at say 5 yards shooting like that. if i am in a place where i am worried at all about whats around me the pm9 or p380 temporrarily moves from pants pocket to vest pocket. it sure feels better 2 know u are ready 2 go while say walking in dark parking lot . just my two cents

Quote Originally Posted by kahrnut1 View Post
    i love sig guns have several. but only carry one of the 7 kahrs that i own. not because they are necessarily better than sig but they are hammerless. when i used to play cop many years ago i allways wore windbreaker or vest with hammerless backup in pocket. i hae gone to salvation army and gotten junk jackkets several times and shot 1st shot from pocket. you can be pretty damn accurate at say 5 yards shooting like that. if i am in a place where i am worried at all about whats around me the pm9 or p380 temporrarily moves from pants pocket to vest pocket. it sure feels better 2 know u are ready 2 go while say walking in dark parking lot . just my two cents
    thank you for posting that. I like to see strategy and tactics. situational awareness is the primary weapon, the gun is a backup. I have a couple of favorite guns for carry and a drawer full of holsters. right now I'm favoring a small, light gun in a IWB holster, "appendix carry", comfortable and fast draw. when I get in the car and buckle up, the gun is on the console. when I get out of the car I discretely reholster. the gun is my little secret, I didn't bring it for show and tell. in the winter the gun will go in a coat pocket. I'm also looking at designs for "man bags"(it's not a purse!). a quick access bag with a cross chest strap would allow me to carry larger guns and allow me to have a hand in the bag, on the gun. the goofy person walking thru the parking garage texting is the victim-- we aren't.

For ME it's a pocket 380. I'm about 5' 7" and 160 lbs with little body fat. I live in a sub-tropical climate and wear close-fitting summer clothes year round. I've not been able to effectively conceal IWB. I pocket carried a CM9 for a while and some days it's okay but others it bothered me. I can effectively conceal a 380 in my front pocket and find it very comfortable.

muggsy: Let's face it, being shot by a .380 will ruin anyone's day.

Quote Originally Posted by jkar4242 View Post
    To me self-defense is any dispute that can be settled in five or less shots, anything more is a war.
    I tend to agree.
    Man of steel - Kahr T9, SP101

Quote Originally Posted by DavidR View Post
    For ME it's a pocket 380. ...I can effectively conceal a 380 in my front pocket and find it very comfortable.
    Me too for the same basic reason. I'm just not going consistently to trouble with carrying something larger.

Dunno about the 5 shot thing though. For me the only reason I occasionally carry a G17 is so 17 are available if TSHTF.
    Rest in peace Muggsy

"Individual Muslims may show splendid qualities, but the influence of the religion paralyses the social development of those who follow it. No stronger retrograde force exists in the world." Winston Churchill 1899

Quote Originally Posted by b4uqzme View Post
    ^^^ are you a leg or a breast man? Try a few before you decide. I'm talking fried chicken fellas...get your mind out of the gutter.
    I knew you were talking chicken, b4uqzme. No woman in her right mind would have you. (Remember that you opened the door.)
    Never trust anyone who doesn't trust you to own a gun.

Life Member - NRA
    Colt Gold Cup 70 series
    Colt Woodsman
    Ruger Mark III .22-45
    Kahr CM9
    Kahr P380

^^^ that explains Mrs b4. Thanks!
    ​O|||||||O