Tommy Gun Shop   Mitch Rosen   Kahr Shop   Xssights
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Help Figuring Out the Kahr's Long Reset

I've heard a lot lately questioning why the Ferguson cop shot so many times. What was he supposed to do? Shoot once and check to see if it worked...then shoot again...check again...and repeat? I'd rather shoot one too many vs. one too few. Just sayin'.
    ​O|||||||O

^^^ wow...just realized how far off track we got on this one.
    ​O|||||||O

Anyway, I got a lot of good info nonetheless through the grain of internet-tough-guy-salt. I never thought about that "embracing the spread" comment, so that was definitely a new thing to consider on my part.

I will keep practicing with my PM9 and accept that I will never be quite as fast as I can be with a different gun. To be fair, I had a Sig P239 DAK which I also couldn't get as fast as I wanted on, but I still carried it confidently which I will do the same with the PM9.

Maybe down the line Kahr will further enhance the trigger on the models with external safeties because the rationale that the long trigger pull being the safety is redundant.

Quote Originally Posted by McE View Post

Maybe down the line Kahr will further enhance the trigger on the models with external safeties because the rationale that the long trigger pull being the safety is redundant.
    Actually they already do.
    ​O|||||||O

Enhance, further than the current enhanced, which I have.

here, try this-- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C4OE78spknk
    bump firing a revolver, that girl's got talent.

Quote Originally Posted by McE View Post
    Faster, with acquiring different targets. A mag dump into one target is going to sound a lot like excessive force.
    There's no such thing as excessive force in a gun fight. You shoot until your assailant can no longer return fire.
    Never trust anyone who doesn't trust you to own a gun.

Life Member - NRA
    Colt Gold Cup 70 series
    Colt Woodsman
    Ruger Mark III .22-45
    Kahr CM9
    Kahr P380

Quote Originally Posted by ripley16 View Post
    Some guns, by design, are very quick to shoot. The Kahr trigger design does not lend itself to really fast shots, or at least not as fast as possible with other brands of pistol. This is just a fact. For example, Walther in particular has aimed at producing a quick trigger, (as found on the P99 QA and current PPQ). Don't compare your Kahr with your other guns.

My advice would be to forget about "shooting to the reset". Retrain your finger to "full stroke" the trigger. The only way I can shoot a Kahr fast is to break a rule and put my finger fully on the trigger, (not the pad) and muscle the trigger back. I'm less accurate, but faster. About the best I can do is a 6" group at 7 yards. When I practice, I shoot 4 groups of two, attempting to shoot each group a tiny bit quicker than the previous. However, my goal is to get as fast as possible with a Kahr, which is not as fast as with most other pistols.
    Me thinks that people are far too concerned about trigger reset. How many of you think that you are going to hear the click or feel the reset in a gun fight? There is no longer reset than that found on a S&W revolver. Let's see how well Jerry does with a long trigger reset. Get some! I rest my case.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WzHG-ibZaKM
    Last edited by muggsy; 03-10-2015 at 07:56 PM.
    Never trust anyone who doesn't trust you to own a gun.

Life Member - NRA
    Colt Gold Cup 70 series
    Colt Woodsman
    Ruger Mark III .22-45
    Kahr CM9
    Kahr P380

practice your basics during range time, 1.front sight,front sight,front sight 2. trigger press, not squeeze (think military rifle trigger) after many rds. down range your finger will start to feel "take up"until the striker release; the more cycles your finger learns = less time between starting "take up" and release (controlled pairs will become true double taps).
    3.start gripping with your support hand as hard as you can (think squeezing bad guys cahones; we WILL fight dirty) this will be the hardest drill to learn because we naturally want to use "strong hand"; maintain your normal freestyle grip pressure w/strong hand but squeeze like the b'jesus !

this will work if given the reps.(many,many, reps)
    4. end your range time on a positive note; ie: do a drill you do really good. this will help give you confidence in your ability and the desire to return and improve in other drills.

NRA LIFER
    IDPA BELEIVER