CrossBreed Holsters   Tommy Gun   Kahr Shop   Tommy Gun Shop
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Help Figuring Out the Kahr's Long Reset

If, when a time comes for you to have to protect yourself from someone who is determined to hurt or kill you............you will not remember finger slap, the space left between your finger and the trigger during rapid fire/reset, lining up your sights, etc. You will remember when it's done. Just like the ketchup packet with your fries. Squeeze until empty

Quote Originally Posted by CPTKILLER View Post
    In my opinion, getting used to Kahr sights may be part of this.
    I don't have a problem with the sights, I really like them and line them up very quickly. It's the trigger finger exodus between shots that's throwing me off.

Should I try keeping the trigger fully held back until ready to fire again, then do a quick release and press? or get off the trigger until ready to fire then do a full press? or actually try to take up some of the trigger as I reacquire my sights?

Sounds odd but the smooth, light, non-stacking qualities of the trigger make that last option seem a more delicate operation than, say, my M&P45 where I can bring it in to the breaking point until ready to give it a click to fire.

adrenalin dump is not measurable, each of us have a different level. I have bowhunted most all of my life and I am sure any of u guys whgo have bowhunted know what buck fever is. It isdifferent in all people. If ur a veteral bowhunter and have bow killed many an8imals then the adrenalin dump is far less than a first timer who pulls back on a nice buck at 10 yards. Itis just IMO human nature to get excited.Ihave missed many a deer at close range 15 yards and under where as in my back yard practicing, I can say I could pu7t every arrow somewhere in a deertarget. WHY IS TAT?? U canpt practice shooint a person, u can shoot at a person target but it is no different than my deer target. So IMO not sure u can tray to over come an adrenalin dump when it comes time to "shoot to kill". Most trained officers cannot tellu how many shots they even fired, so why is it that some of these bleeding liberazls feel that every time a cop has to fire his gun tha the is gonna be dead on target and never miss. Most officers are probably like ol jocko in that tree stand when that big bucks comes within 10 yards. IT IS THERRE FIRST TIME AT SHOOTING AT A LIVE PERSON. There certainly is a difference. U can train allu want which is fine but u will never know for sure andhopefully never have to cross that line either.

I have always felt thtI can take some verbal abuse and some physical abuse, butplease don't fopkk with my family. Being Macho to me also means finding a betterway out of abadsituation than drawing ur weapon . Just sayin
    If deercould shoot back I would have quit deer hunting many years ago. Just sayin
    . My PM9 has over 40,000+ rounds through it, and runs much better than an illegal trying to get across our border

NRA BENEFACTOR MEMBER

MAY GOD BLESS MUGGSY

Each weapon has its own unique MOA. Lots of practice is my suggestion.
    Wake Up...Grow Up...Show Up...Sit Up...Shut Up...Listen Up

IMHO......Kahr's were never meant to be rapid fire firearms. If they were, they would have a different trigger. I don't know about you, but I can stack my trigger on an older MK, slow fire. I also grew up shooting revolvers first, so letting the trigger reset isn't that big a deal to me. I can understand how anyone who is used to other firearms would have some difficulty. It's been said many times, cm, pm,mk, they're not target guns. If you can shoot one a second, and have all shots hit a man size target in the middle of the torso, that's respectable in my book.

It should also be said that some people, no matter what, don't ever get used to or like double action triggers.

In the day and age of "safe action" strikers, or DA/SA and true single action -- some people never get around to learning a good double action trigger.

Personally I love DA triggers, if smooth and light, and while I can't fire as fast as a SA, I am as accurate.

Remember, you should only be firing as fast as you can while still hitting what you want. If you aren't, you need to slow down. There will be a point where either the gun, or you, are physically incapable of staying on target at a given speed. In double action pistols, this will almost always be a little bit slower than a single action 1911 for example.

My first gun was a revolver with a hefty DA, so I'm no stranger to the pull, I'm just a little reluctant to have to classify the Kahr semi in that category to justify how it performs. Does that make sense?
    Frankly I'm probably going to part ways with the CW45 as my M&P45 really is not all that much bigger in ways that matter, but I want to get better with my PM9 as it is my winter carry choice.

I would say my target goal is to get 2 sets of doubles (4 shots) in 2 seconds inside of a 6" circle at 7 yards. Is that a reasonable goal?

To shoot a Kahr pistol well you need to work the trigger like you would a double action revolver. Double action revolvers can be shot very fast and accurate.

If you can fire it smooth and accurate (don't worry about fast doubles) you will find that under stress you will shoot faster than you ever believed possible. If you have a quick, smooth trigger pull, the fast doubles will come automatically.

It is easy to teach in person, not so much by written word. Good luck. You can learn to do what you want, you just have to do the work.
    "Do as I say not as I do"
    "You can't fix stupid"
    "Do what you want, 'cause you will any way"

Stay Safe

Quote Originally Posted by Scarywoody View Post
    I'm in the process of getting used to the trigger of my CM9. I'm a Glock shooter. I'm consistently a little low left. I think it's my head angle. I'm slowly getting used to the sight picture. I added a Pachmyr grip and that gave me a fuller hand which helped accuracy. Double tap with Glock is a natural, with Kahr, not so much. I guess that's part of the break in time with Kahr pistols. Practice helps the pistol and shooter loosen up and work together.
    I'm also low/left with my PM9. I learned not to shoot with the dot right over the bar and have a small gap between the two which works for me. As long as I keep practicing this way, it will be muscle memory when I shoot.

Quote Originally Posted by leftysixty View Post
    To shoot a Kahr pistol well you need to work the trigger like you would a double action revolver. Double action revolvers can be shot very fast and accurate.
    Agreed. Ask Jerry Miculek about double action revolvers: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NTHc4H_i8DY