Mitch Rosen   Tommy Gun Shop   Kahr Shop   Magnum Research new
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Help Figuring Out the Kahr's Long Reset

I can clear and empty my CM9 in under three seconds. How fast do you have to be?
    Never trust anyone who doesn't trust you to own a gun.

Life Member - NRA
    Colt Gold Cup 70 series
    Colt Woodsman
    Ruger Mark III .22-45
    Kahr CM9
    Kahr P380

...and with only six rounds, do you really want to be fast?

Quote Originally Posted by McE View Post
    I don't have a problem with the sights, I really like them and line them up very quickly. It's the trigger finger exodus between shots that's throwing me off.

Should I try keeping the trigger fully held back until ready to fire again, then do a quick release and press? or get off the trigger until ready to fire then do a full press? or actually try to take up some of the trigger as I reacquire my sights?

Sounds odd but the smooth, light, non-stacking qualities of the trigger make that last option seem a more delicate operation than, say, my M&P45 where I can bring it in to the breaking point until ready to give it a click to fire.
    This;
    "or get off the trigger until ready to fire then do a full press?"
    Judging by today's left wing, looks like Senator Joe McCarthy was right after all.

Quote Originally Posted by Photoman View Post
    ...and with only six rounds, do you really want to be fast?
    Yes?

I reset the trigger while the gun is still in recoil. As soon as I reacquire the sight picture I begin the next trigger press.You can be just as quick with a Kahr pistol as any other.

Life Member - NRA
    Colt Gold Cup 70 series
    Colt Woodsman
    Ruger Mark III .22-45
    Kahr CM9
    Kahr P380

Quote Originally Posted by McE View Post
    Yes?
    Good answer.
    ​O|||||||O

Quote Originally Posted by muggsy View Post
    I can clear and empty my CM9 in under three seconds. How fast do you have to be?
    Faster, with acquiring different targets. A mag dump into one target is going to sound a lot like excessive force.

Newsflash: Unless you make sure the person you're shooting is white, or there is video of you being actively shot at, you're going to have the media out for your head saying it was excessive force.

Bottom line, shoot when you need to - to survive. Not a moment before, not a moment after; And shoot until you are safe.

Deal with the cards you're dealt after the fact -- but make sure you survive.

I continue to shoot until the threat is over. Be that one shot or a dozen. I don't give a damn about the media or the perp. I care about lovable old Muggsy. I got to be an old man by not screwing with any old men.

Life Member - NRA
    Colt Gold Cup 70 series
    Colt Woodsman
    Ruger Mark III .22-45
    Kahr CM9
    Kahr P380

Quote Originally Posted by muggsy View Post
    I continue to shoot until the threat is over. Be that one shot or a dozen. I don't give a damn about the media or the perp. I care about lovable old Muggsy. I got to be an old man by not screwing with any old men.
    Exactly. Protect yourself and your family lawfully, and with Xtreme Prejudice if it
    comes to that point. We all hope it never does -- but make sure you win if it does. There is no second place.