Magnum Research new   Tommy Gun Shop   Xssights   CrossBreed Holsters
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Blue Flu

Default Blue Flu

I understand that it can't happen, because the safety forces have no strike contracts, but I'd like to see what would occur in our major cities if the thin blue line called in sick for the next two weeks. No one to direct traffic, assist accident victims, settle domestic disputes, investigate murders, rapes or other lesser crimes and who deter crime simply by patrolling our streets. I think that the people now protesting our police in the streets would discover a new found respect for the men and women in blue, particularly in the neighborhoods where crime runs rampant. I think that those among us who support the police need to start a protest movement of our own. We should be out there protesting the protesters and politicians who don't appreciate all of the things that our safety forces do for us.

Never trust anyone who doesn't trust you to own a gun.

Life Member - NRA
    Colt Gold Cup 70 series
    Colt Woodsman
    Ruger Mark III .22-45
    Kahr CM9
    Kahr P380

Ditto that!
    Life member - NRA
    Life member - CA Rifle & Pistol Assn.
    SW desert rat

If I was still a LEO I would be seriously considering a career change, especially if I worked in one of these "rioting prone" towns.

If you don't like the way LEO's try to stop your criminal ways, then let's see how you like it without any Law Enforcement for a month.

I'm sure that it would change a lot of bad attitudes. Just my not so humble opinion.

You could then just bulldoze the remains to the landfill, and start over!
    "Do as I say not as I do"
    "You can't fix stupid"
    "Do what you want, 'cause you will any way"

Stay Safe

For it's Tommy this, an' Tommy that, an' "Chuck him out, the brute!"
    But it's "Saviour of 'is country" when the guns begin to shoot;
    An' it's Tommy this, an' Tommy that, an' anything you please;
    An' Tommy ain't a bloomin' fool -- you bet that Tommy sees!

~ Rudyard Kipling
    Draw me not without provocation, sheath me not without honor.

Quote Originally Posted by Pointblank View Post
    For it's Tommy this, an' Tommy that, an' "Chuck him out, the brute!"
    But it's "Saviour of 'is country" when the guns begin to shoot;
    An' it's Tommy this, an' Tommy that, an' anything you please;
    An' Tommy ain't a bloomin' fool -- you bet that Tommy sees!

~ Rudyard Kipling
    Outstanding!

Life Member - NRA
    Colt Gold Cup 70 series
    Colt Woodsman
    Ruger Mark III .22-45
    Kahr CM9
    Kahr P380

Quote Originally Posted by muggsy View Post
    I understand that it can't happen, because the safety forces have no strike contracts, but I'd like to see what would occur in our major cities if the thin blue line called in sick for the next two weeks. No one to direct traffic, assist accident victims, settle domestic disputes, investigate murders, rapes or other lesser crimes and who deter crime simply by patrolling our streets. I think that the people now protesting our police in the streets would discover a new found respect for the men and women in blue, particularly in the neighborhoods where crime runs rampant. I think that those among us who support the police need to start a protest movement of our own. We should be out there protesting the protesters and politicians who don't appreciate all of the things that our safety forces do for us.

Muggs:

Although I agree with your premise, and if I were in that kind of situation I would consider the Blue Flu or something of the like, I disagree that any significant number of the current protesters/sympathizers would have any change of heart.

They live under the false illusion that their bad decisions should not come with any consequences. And that ANY time that a white person uses deadly force against a black person it is racist and a crime; subject to the judgment of the mob/anarchist mentality of US vs. THEM.

I believe that this feeling has been exacerbated by the entitlement mentality that has been encouraged by the BHO administration and their one sided justice actions.

I hope that this conclusion is wrong and we will notice a significant change in the near future, but I fear that it will just escalate and lead to more confrontation.

Sadly,

-steve
    -NRA Life Member

-It isn’t Islamophobia when they really ARE trying to kill you!

-Arms discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as well as property.
    Horrid mischief would ensue were the law-abiding deprived of the use of them.
    -Thomas Paine

+1 Steve. I agree with your assessment completely, though it could change the minds of the fence sitters.

Life Member - NRA
    Colt Gold Cup 70 series
    Colt Woodsman
    Ruger Mark III .22-45
    Kahr CM9
    Kahr P380

Quote Originally Posted by sas PM9 View Post
    Muggs:

Although I agree with your premise, and if I were in that kind of situation I would consider the Blue Flu or something of the like, I disagree that any significant number of the current protesters/sympathizers would have any change of heart.

They live under the false illusion that their bad decisions should not come with any consequences. And that ANY time that a white person uses deadly force against a black person it is racist and a crime; subject to the judgment of the mob/anarchist mentality of US vs. THEM.

I believe that this feeling has been exacerbated by the entitlement mentality that has been encouraged by the BHO administration and their one sided justice actions.

I hope that this conclusion is wrong and we will notice a significant change in the near future, but I fear that it will just escalate and lead to more confrontation.

Sadly,

-steve
    Hit the nail on the head...

muggsy it happen on a limited basis in every dept. It is called NCNC...No contact No complaint. Basically officer take their calls assigned by dispatch and NOTHING more. When not on a call they hide and do nothing.
    Wake Up...Grow Up...Show Up...Sit Up...Shut Up...Listen Up

And then there was the "Fellow Officer" that practiced the policy of "Puke vs Puke, no crime committed".

"Do as I say not as I do"
    "You can't fix stupid"
    "Do what you want, 'cause you will any way"

Stay Safe