CrossBreed Holsters   Tommy Gun Shop   Tommy Gun   Crimsontrace

Thread: Remington to "fix" all 700 series rifles

Default Remington to "fix" all 700 series rifles

Just ran across this, though I don't think I'll be sending in my old trusty 700 to have the trigger swapped.

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/massiv...211600967.html

I don't think that there is a damn thing wrong with the triggers on these guns. This has become an anti-gun ambulance chasing nightmare for Remington. I believe that the majority of these incidents were NDs. If the cardinal rules of gun safety were followed no one would have been injured or killed.
    Never trust anyone who doesn't trust you to own a gun.

Life Member - NRA
    Colt Gold Cup 70 series
    Colt Woodsman
    Ruger Mark III .22-45
    Kahr CM9
    Kahr P380

With that logic it would be fine if some vehicles had a tendency of explosion above 65mph and because no states have maximum posted speed limit of greater than 65 and people always follow the rules,therefore there should be no exploding cars and if the cars did explode it would be the owners fault correct?

They set aside $30 million for this recall. They just announced the 887 recall and they are dealing with the R51 fiasco. They've had one tough year.

That all being said can i now get either a 700 SPS tactical or varmint heavy barrel for $300? I want one.
    The only thing better than having all the guns and ammo you'd ever need would be being able to shoot it all off the back porch.

Want to see what will be the end of our country as we know it???
    Visit here:
    http://www.usdebtclock.org/

Sad to see Remington going down this road. A noble name in firearms manufacturing with a lot of quality products under their belts.
    Chief Administrator
    Kahrtalk.com

Quote Originally Posted by timboy View Post
    With that logic it would be fine if some vehicles had a tendency of explosion above 65mph and because no states have maximum posted speed limit of greater than 65 and people always follow the rules,therefore there should be no exploding cars and if the cars did explode it would be the owners fault correct?
    I'm not sure if your remark was addressed to me, but if it was allow me to ask you just one question. Are you in the habit of violating the cardinal rules of gun safety? Never point a gun at anything that you do not want to kill or destroy. Everyone who own a Remington rifle and filed a lawsuit against Remington for an accidental discharge had to have violated that rule or no one would have been injured or killed. Safe gun handling is no accident.
    Never trust anyone who doesn't trust you to own a gun.

Life Member - NRA
    Colt Gold Cup 70 series
    Colt Woodsman
    Ruger Mark III .22-45
    Kahr CM9
    Kahr P380