Mitch Rosen   Tommy Gun Shop   Xssights   Crimsontrace
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: "That Guy"

Default "That Guy"

Was in my local gunsmith's shop last week to get him to install an Apex Duty Action trigger kit in my S&W M&P .40 and of course who was there but "That Guy" ....You know him, he's the fat dude wearing the shoot me first tactical vest with Glock patches all over it and giving out advice to anybody within earshot.....He walked over and said "You should have bought a Glock" they all have great triggers out of the box and all my Glocks are able to hold a 1 inch group at 30 yards all day long and they never ever jam and bla bla bla bla....I didn't let that bother me because Glockies are everywhere and all seem to think that nobody should own anything else but a Block so I'm used to it....

I told the guy that I like Glocks ok but they don't seem to fit my hand so good and if I could cut the grip off my M&P and stick it on a Glock I might be on to something but for me the M&P just fits my hand perfectly....He smirked and walked off saying "You obviously need more range time"....I wanted to tell him where he could holster his ugly a$$ Block but I didn't....I just don't understand why so many Glock owners are such jerks but it just seems to be the case, maybe something in the Glock super elastic bubble plastic that causes it....Don't get me wrong, I know every Glock owner isn't like "That Guy" but there sure seems to be more of um than with any other pistol brand...

Anyway the smith installed the Apex trigger and I picked it up last Saturday and MAN what a difference, the pull is now so sweet and so much easier to shoot than with the stock 9 pound rough crappy pull that I never could shoot very good with....I understand the newer Performance Shop M&P's have a much improved trigger but if you have a stock M&P and want an improved trigger then you owe it to yourself to get an Apex kit for it...Best money I ever spent on an upgrade....

Those "Guys" sometimes drive me crazy. I've gotten to where I try to make the most of it and have fun with them.

Like ya say, not always Glock guys but quite often.

Rather than lower myself to their level and puff up and try to spout off back to them I usually play neophyte and act like this is my first range visit and the 8 or 10 pistols in my bag were all new and I didn't know anything about them.

Usually the conversation will usually turn to what kind of ammo am I using. Usually opening the ammo box loaded with lots and lots of bullets rather than the one box of discount russian ammo in hand lets them know they are edumucating the wrong dude.

One fella tried to tell me I was shooting a dinosaur with my Dan Wesson CBob.
    I told him I was a bit of a dinosaur myself so we get along just fine.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

I like to throat punch these guys
    I am the Living Man

I hate Glock fanboys.

H-A-T-E

In fact, they're the reason why I'll never buy a Glock.

I know not everyone 'round here is a Yankee Marshal fan but this video always makes me smile... The part I like kicks in around 2:30

http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=...8C5F59C0F7739F
    ​O|||||||O

The other day I was considering buying a Glock, so I slammed my head in the car door a few times and that straightened me right out.
    Never trust anyone who doesn't trust you to own a gun.

Life Member - NRA
    Colt Gold Cup 70 series
    Colt Woodsman
    Ruger Mark III .22-45
    Kahr CM9
    Kahr P380

I have a friend who owns a Glock 20..................I remember shortly after he first purchased it, he said, " Yeah, you don't want to shoot this 10mm too much." I said, " you're right, in fact, I don't want to shoot it at all." Just feeling the grip reminded me of hanging on to a 2 X 4. I give him the business to this day. I ask him when he's going to get a real gun............................................he always says it isn't cute, but it goes bang every time. I swear, that line had to have come from a Glockophobe for sure.....................................

I'm getting a complex guys. How do I change my screen name?

Getting a complex???????????????? You had to have one, to make the purchase in the first place

Ahhh....c'mon guys. Glocks may not be best/ideal for most gun folk but they are great appliances. My foremost dislike is the "Safe Action" trigger....makes it functionally a short, light pull s/a auto with no safety. akin to a 1911 cocked and unlocked. Seriously dangerous in the wrong/unknowing/dumb ass hands.
    NRA Benefactor