Mitch Rosen   Tommy Gun Shop   Tommy Gun   Xssights
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: "That Guy"

I was in LP when I was a lot younger................................half of these thieves are very desperate, and very dangerous, addictions, mania, mental issues, etc. When I would go to work, I would have to get myself jacked up, because, unfortunately, something was going to happen, every time. Definitely a job for the young. Had a few close calls. Couldn't carry anything............... no firearm, no mace, no pepper spray, no knife, no baton, nothing but handcuffs and your mouth. My mouth bailed me out on more than one occasion. I was always a better shot with my mouth, than with my handgun

Well I hope I didn't offend any of you Glock owners with this thread but "That Guy" really got to me with his comments while I was trying to talk to the smitty about the Apex install....When he gave me the smirk and said " well obviously you just need more range time" it left me with a bad taste but that's in the past and I just let it go....Truth is I like and respect Glocks and they are really good reliable guns but the just don't fit my hands and when you have to try really hard to make a pistol feel comfortable then you know it's just not for you...I had the same problem with the XD I really wanted to make work for me so when I picked up a M&P it just felt so right I then knew it was the one for me....

Now talk about "Fan Boys" you haven't seen one until you go over to the Smith & Wesson forum....Holy Crap, I started a thread over there asking if anyone had installed an Apex trigger kit and you would have thought I had blasphemed Daniel and Horace or something, I mean there were guys that wanted to come over to my house and kick my a$$ for even mentioning that a Smith product had a crummy trigger....

I went to the range Sunday and shot the M&P with the Apex kit and what a different pistol it is now....Much easier to be accurate with a trigger that is smooth and with a crisp 5 pound release rather than the stock 9 pound one that pulled something like screeeech Ka Clunk bang....The gun is now everything it shoud have been from the factory....

Quote Originally Posted by smokersteve View Post
    I like my S&W's, Kahrs, Glocks, Rugers...if I could only have one it would definitely be my Glock 19 - don't even have to think twice about it.
    The funny thing about this post is there is "that guy" all over this forum for Kahr fan boys.
    Quote Originally Posted by GLOCKROCKER View Post
    Just like smokersteve I like all my guns and own lots of different brands. If I didn't they wouldn't be "my guns". So I guess that makes me a multiple brand "fanboy". Hell I guess you could just call me a "firearm fanboy". I personally don't care for the term "fanboy" just because a person likes and supports a particular brand that happens to perform well for them. Yes I've owned Glocks for 20+ years and they work very well for me. If somebody asks my preference or opinion about a product whether it's a gun, truck, or woman, I'll tell them what works for me and why. By that definition I guess almost all of us on here are "Kahr fanboys". I do know the OP's "that guy" though. He's everywhere and may be wearing S&W, Ruger, Kahr, Colt, Berreta or Kel-tec patches for that matter. And yes I've also seen him wearing Glock patches too. He's that guy that if he has brand X of whatever it's the be all, end all and your brand Y ain't sh!t.
    Very well said to both of you, I also own several different brands because I want to & because they work for what I'm looking for.
    Sure I prefer a particular brand but I'm not going to bash any other brands, everybody has different likes & dislikes & know what works for them or what fits there bank account.

Quote Originally Posted by getsome View Post
    Well I hope I didn't offend any of you Glock owners with this thread.
    Alittle to late for that
    LOL
    BOB

Quote Originally Posted by getsome View Post

Anyway the smith installed the Apex trigger and I picked it up last Saturday and MAN what a difference, the pull is now so sweet and so much easier to shoot than with the stock 9 pound rough crappy pull that I never could shoot very good with....I understand the newer Performance Shop M&P's have a much improved trigger but if you have a stock M&P and want an improved trigger then you owe it to yourself to get an Apex kit for it...Best money I ever spent on an upgrade....
    I totally agree. I bought a Shield when they first came out; liked it but hated the trigger so I sold it. I picked another up when they were ridiculously low priced via the LE/Mil/First Responder program. Then Melissa posted about the Apex parts. I installed their sear (also undercut the trigger guard a little) and have to say I'm happy with my Shield.

I almost went with the Apex extractor for my G19, but found a gent on GB that was selling older, non-MIM, Glock extractors. One of these cleared up the funky ejection issues I was having (at a lot less expensive price point).

Regards,
    Greg
    [<a href=http://i43.tinypic.com/2n7fnux.gif target=_blank>http://i43.tinypic.com/2n7fnux.gif</a>

You know I don't mind glocks but i wish they'd stop this "perfection" cult they've started. But i guess that why they call them cults, because they ars following something false.

That said I've got a G30s that has been perfect from day one and its my HD gun. I trust it for sure. Now the G19 gen 4 I have HAS NOT been perfect. FTF issues if not held firmly and well lubed. My dad had a gen 2 or 3 something that had go go back to the factory for some similar issue in the 90's.

The profit they make on then is high too.
    The only thing better than having all the guns and ammo you'd ever need would be being able to shoot it all off the back porch.

Want to see what will be the end of our country as we know it???
    Visit here:
    http://www.usdebtclock.org/

"I didn't ask for your advice, keep it to yourself".

or, "Yeah, I understand Glock is going out of business soon, it's all over the gun rags and forums, haven't you heard?"

That'll solve the problem right there.

"I didn't ask for your advice, keep it to yourself".

or, "Yeah, I understand Glock is going out of business soon, it's all over the gun rags and forums, haven't you heard? No? Well, obviously you're not very well informed."

That'll solve the problem right there.

I genuinely believe in being kind, compassionate, humane and gracious to people. However, there are some people and some situations where, IMO, the person has "opted out" and I have not patience. I would not be disparaging personally, but would not hesitate to say, "Did I ask for your opinion"?

I'm going to beat a slightly dead horse and throw in my .02 on this topic because I'm new.

The Glock brand is kind of like Apple. There are many people who boldly, and many times annoyingly, declare their love for Apple products to the point that others, say Android users, are immediately put off just because of these fanboys and girls. It's funny because for every Apple lover there's at least two Apple haters.

The same thing applies to Glock. I run into so many people who are so passionate about their hatred for The Original Tupperware Pistol. It's really quite comical that people can let themselves get so worked up when somebody else has a different opinion or preference than them.

If it shoots and it's comfortable for you to do so, that's all that matters. I personally chose a G19 as my first pistol because I was new to gun ownership and wanted something no frills and low maintenance. And that's what a Glock is. She ain't pretty but she's always ready when I'm feeling frisky. If I wanted a trophy wife that can't cook I would've sold a limb and bought a Kimber.

I may stir the pot with this one but I feel it should be said. If Glocks are so bad, then why does almost every other major company now have a polymer frame pistol line? Imitation is the most sincere form of flattery. Or they all just drank Glock flavored Koolaid!

Kimber = trophy wife that can't cook? Never owned one but I think I might want one now.

Maybe even two.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."