Magnum Research new   Tommy Gun Shop   Crimsontrace   Mitch Rosen
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Do rubber grips on the CM9 make a big difference in control?

Default Do rubber grips on the CM9 make a big difference in control?

I have had my CM9 for a few months and it has become my EDC. It is a reliable little gun but I have difficulty shooting accurately when I start to speed up. I know there are a lot of factors for me but one I have noticed it that I often have to readjust my grip after a couple shots. I know that Pearce grip extension might help with that but I was wondering if Hogue grips, Pachmayr grips or even a bike tube might make much of a difference.
    Any input is appreciated.

It could YMMV. Some buy the rubber grips to make it bigger and fit their hand better. Some to lessen the "cheese grater" effect. Both could help you shoot better although I prefer the standard grip. Try the bike tube to see if you like it (it's free if you have an old one handy). OTOH some prefer to stay away from slip on grips;;;concerned that they may move around a bit.
    ​O|||||||O

I like the feel of the Hogue HandAll Jr. grip sleeve, especially the finger groove on the front strap. And they are very inexpensive.

I second that on the Hogues. They make a big difference for me and don't add much bulk.
    Draw me not without provocation, sheath me not without honor.

I run some stick on Traction Grips. I never shot the gun without them, but it definitely feels better in the hand with them, and they add no thickness to the grip, and they're cheap. I run them on a number of different handguns. I bought the Pearce grip extensions and hated them. I did't actually like the way the gun felt with them, and they look like a cheap add on because of the way the magazines fit the gun.
    I'm a lead farmer mother ******!

You can pick up a free used 1.75" bike inner tube from most bike shops trash pile. Custom cut to cover more grip than costlier slip ons . If you like the feel and don't need the extra thickness ,Traction grips makes stick ons that look nicer but cost more.

I'm cheap and have used on inner tube for my 3 kahrs for up to 6 or 7 years now and gave some to family for there small pistols.
    http://tractiongrips.com/catalog/i85.html

I also like the Houge Handall jr.....................bulks up the grip just a bit, better fit in my hand..................my MK is an older model, so the grips are a bit more rubbery than the newer models, but it still feels better with the jr.....................
    Attached Images Attached Images

I like the palm swell on the Hogue's on my P9 Covert. They fill my hand better and I can shoot it better.

I could see how one of those Hogue's could help in shooting it, but as a pocket carry gun, at least for me, I wouldn't want the added thickness, and maybe it sticking inside my pocket. Assuming the material has the same feel as many other Hogue grips. It looks awfully close to the mag release, but maybe it's just the pic.
    I'm a lead farmer mother ******!

For pocket carry I would think any of the rubber grips or tubes would be a bad thing. Too easy to hang up.

I'd probably restipple the grip to reduce the cheese cutter effect. Good solid grip but won't hang up on clothing etc.

I don't pocket carry myself but some of the same issues apply to covering garments etc.

I did use the innertube trick on my PM45 for quite awhile until I did the stipple thing.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."