Crimsontrace   Magnum Research new   Tommy Gun   Tommy Gun Shop
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Anti-gun people trust rapists and killers more than themselves

Quote Originally Posted by marcinstl View Post
    a burr under the saddle? geez, that's got to hurt.
    1st of all selling guns on kahrtalk is preaching to the choir. have guns, buying more, that's the story here.
    putting a "boogeyman is coming- get a gun!" video on youtube is stale and kind of lame, definitely already overdone by everybody from the NRA to the hack youtube gun reviewers.
    I'm an old guy that likes to shoot, likes to carry and doesn't need the embarrassment of continuing news stories about idiots with guns. I don't feed squirrels and I don't want the anti gun folks or the media fed either. some folks think the 2nd amendment is a right, I see it as a privilege that is continually earned by being responsible. want to make youtube gun videos? maybe make some advertising money, get free guns and ammo--- braid your beard and have a banjo playing in the background. twang! (or get a bra and panty set like Yankee Marshal).
    I was rolling with your post in a congruent manner until I read that having a gun is a privilege....not sure if I can even meet you half way on that point.
    I am the Living Man

Quote Originally Posted by knkali View Post
    I was rolling with your post in a congruent manner until I read that having a gun is a privilege....not sure if I can even meet you half way on that point.
    Nor should you. That's an incredibly wrong stance.
    I'm a lead farmer mother ******!

It is a right, not a privilege. The government wants you to believe it's a privilege though that can be taken away at any time.
    "Well, Mr. Carpetbagger. We got somethin' in this territory called a Missouri boat ride."

With freedom comes responsibility guys. One of our responsibilities is to share our knowledge about firearms and firearm safety to those who need it. Maybe OP's next video will be about how to safely train at the range.
    Last edited by b4uqzme; 12-14-2014 at 05:55 AM.
    ​O|||||||O

Quote Originally Posted by knkali View Post
    give that man a cigar right there.....
    Here's a Box of Cubans!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    My New Web Store!
    www.teampython.com
    __________________________________________________ _____
    The loudest sound in the world is a “click” when you need a “bang.”

in a perfect world, I'd be the only one with a gun and I'd still conceal carry. if your reading this and the closest gun to you is in a box, in a drawer, just leave it there.
    So in a "perfect" world, how boring would this forum be? You would be the only one on here according to you, unless you put your computer in a box, then the forum would die..... I do not even know what to say about your apparent attitude with regards to the second amendment. If something is a right (which the 2A IS), then we take the good with the bad and go from there.... We should not have schools according to your train of thought, after all, what responsibility do you have to teach others to use the First amendment?

What training did it take for you to exercise your first amendment rights? Where did this come from?
    What commitment does it take to exercise your first amendment rights? Where did this come from?

Rights are self discovered, self initiated, self trained and self actualizing, but it never hurts to help a fellow person discover theirs...... I hope you will take one person under your wing and help them discover their 2A rights, and pass on your "commitment" and "training" as someone probably did with you at some point before your Jading commenced.....
    Comparison is the thief of Joy....

CW380
    MK9

Quote Originally Posted by TheTman View Post
    I hate to impose on 2nd amendment rights, but perhaps they should require first time hand gun purchasers to attend a short safety class. Or at least have the seller go over the safety rules with them, and give them a printed copy of them. I know what the one poster meant about newbies going to the range and waving the guns all over the place. I try to hit the range when there are just a couple of other shooters, once they get more than 3 or 4 other shooters, I start getting nervous and take a break and watch the other shooters, if I don't like what I see, then I leave.
    This passivity is the problem... Tell them what is wrong and why... Use your brain to do this in a non confrontational manner, and buck up to find the resolve to do this.... How are things going to ever change when people LEAVE the situation? Avoiding things does not resolve them, it only propagates more of the same as no corrections were applied..... This happens at all levels and must be fought on the personal front, entropy is a constant and passivity is a form of entropy.... I am not deriding you, just looking to show you another perspective.

You proclaim to "hate" imposing on 2A rights, yet you are more willing to dumb the process down overall versus actually doing something yourself when you see a problem.... Kind of the wrong way to fulfill a rights responsibilities, in my opinion. I have the right, I will exercise the responsibility myself, not rely on others to enforce it......
    Comparison is the thief of Joy....

CW380
    MK9

This is true sadly. That is why my Kahr MK9 is on my hip 100% of the time!

Quote Originally Posted by b4uqzme View Post
    With freedom comes responsibility guys. One of our responsibilities is to share our knowledge about firearms and firearm safety to those who need it. Maybe OP's next video will be about how to safely train at the range.
    should have said, "regarded as a privilege". is driving a right or a privilege? “With great privilege comes great responsibility.” “From those to whom much has been given, much is expected.” it's a mindset.

yes, waiting for thefirearmguy to make a video entitled, "After Ferguson". this would be directed to the thousand or so people who ran out and bought a Hi-Point, or a 12ga. coachgun, or a snubbie after the riots. better late than never, huh? these people really need to know, what next? classes, training, range time.
    oh, here's that video of Rambo Mom---- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6K0Ix6C4I8s a "warning shot"(???) into the wall, a couple more thru the kitchen and a few more out the back door. what's rule number 4? Be sure of the target and of what is beyond it I don't need no crazed, screaming woman, blasting away into the neighborhood. I need trained, steel nerved, woman that know how to ride and shoot, 3 dead thugs laying in the driveway. case closed. thank you.

I don't like people selling by use of scare tactics, way to much alarmism going on these days, bad sales pitch anyway. I don't like the current NRA and their tactics, ashamed to admit to once being a member. most people are better off without a gun, they'll never train or commit, they'll just be dangerous idiots. in a perfect world, I'd be the only one with a gun and I'd still conceal carry. if your reading this and the closest gun to you is in a box, in a drawer, just leave it there.
    Just bought a quick access safe so I don't have to worry about the kids getting into my guns as I don't have a permit to carry in this state (working on that). Even with a permit I'm not going to carry daily, only when I need to go to Bakersfield.

With the current population having moved away from an agrarian lifestyle I think that hunters safety and some range time should be required for a gun purchase and a homeowners insurance discount. I grew up using guns for gopher hunting, deer hunting, tin can hunting, clay pigeon hunting, starling hunting, etc so for me gun safety has been around a long time. I am trying to pass this off to my kids with some success but it isn't the same as dealing with it everyday. I have had a gun since I was 12 and access to them earlier than that. Training by my parents and siblings and neighbors and friends helped to keep me safe. That just doesn't happen for most Americans any more.