Kahr Shop   Xssights   Tommy Gun Shop   Crimsontrace
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Anti-gun people trust rapists and killers more than themselves

Quote Originally Posted by marcinstl View Post
    should have said, "regarded as a privilege". is driving a right or a privilege? “With great privilege comes great responsibility.” “From those to whom much has been given, much is expected.” it's a mindset.

yes, waiting for thefirearmguy to make a video entitled, "After Ferguson". this would be directed to the thousand or so people who ran out and bought a Hi-Point, or a 12ga. coachgun, or a snubbie after the riots. better late than never, huh? these people really need to know, what next? classes, training, range time.
    oh, here's that video of Rambo Mom---- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6K0Ix6C4I8s a "warning shot"(???) into the wall, a couple more thru the kitchen and a few more out the back door. what's rule number 4? Be sure of the target and of what is beyond it I don't need no crazed, screaming woman, blasting away into the neighborhood. I need trained, steel nerved, woman that know how to ride and shoot, 3 dead thugs laying in the driveway. case closed. thank you.
    You should be aware that no one was killed or injured by this incident where she "blazed away" and that the crime was stopped... Not to your level of satisfaction of course, which I am sure is unobtainable to us mere mortals anyway.... If you have such an inappropriate fear of people like her defending herself with less training and comprehension than you have, there is something to be noted that you must have functioning issues with all these irrelevant fears. If you are as old as you say, then you have outlived many others and need to realize that no one gets out of life alive. Your current age I may never get old enough to enjoy, but I will not live in fear of others either due to their criminal mindset or their "lack" of training and "proper" mindset should they choose to defend themselves. Ridiculous that you think in this way when age should bring wisdom.

Quote Originally Posted by Covert Kahr View Post
    Just bought a quick access safe so I don't have to worry about the kids getting into my guns as I don't have a permit to carry in this state (working on that). Even with a permit I'm not going to carry daily, only when I need to go to Bakersfield.

With the current population having moved away from an agrarian lifestyle I think that hunters safety and some range time should be required for a gun purchase and a homeowners insurance discount. I grew up using guns for gopher hunting, deer hunting, tin can hunting, clay pigeon hunting, starling hunting, etc so for me gun safety has been around a long time. I am trying to pass this off to my kids with some success but it isn't the same as dealing with it everyday. I have had a gun since I was 12 and access to them earlier than that. Training by my parents and siblings and neighbors and friends helped to keep me safe. That just doesn't happen for most Americans any more.
    Ok, so you think that we should be farmers or something in order to have some innate fuzzy knowledge of firearms when we use them? But this kind of training is informal anyway, yet you think that it should be formalized for others to obtain a firearm. I love the "hunter safety" doo doo, the classic FUDD retort... As well as the elitist "homeowners insurance discount" like only homeowners should be able to own firearms... GO back to England with that landowner attitude. I have neither land to hunt, nor do I want a discount on mandatory insurance because I have taken some crap class.... WHAT has the government ever formalized as training and made it better... You probably ***** and whine driving down the road about all the crappy drivers... "in my day, we had a real test" sort of bitching... But this is good for gun stuff...

My dander is up on this FUDD stuff... I just do not get the whole 2A is a right, but.... attitudes. WHAT OTHER RIGHT CURRENTLY REQUIRES ONE TENTH OF THE BS WE GO THROUGH TO JUST PURCHASE A FIREARM? let alone use one or carry one or whatever..... Doctors kill more people a year than any other group of professionals including criminals, look at the licensing to do that, yet they still kill people accidentially every day... No offense to Doctors of course, just stating a truth...
    Last edited by ReManG; 12-14-2014 at 05:17 PM.
    Comparison is the thief of Joy....

CW380
    MK9

marc, I deal with nothing but predators everyday for a living. I don't care how little training a woman has had, she has the RIGHT to defend herself. Please reconsider your opinion on this.
    "The Deacon" Zoot Shooter #84
    Yup, I'm the guy at Surplus Rifle

Quote Originally Posted by marcinstl View Post
    should have said, "regarded as a privilege". is driving a right or a privilege? “With great privilege comes great responsibility.” “From those to whom much has been given, much is expected.” it's a mindset.

yes, waiting for thefirearmguy to make a video entitled, "After Ferguson". this would be directed to the thousand or so people who ran out and bought a Hi-Point, or a 12ga. coachgun, or a snubbie after the riots. better late than never, huh? these people really need to know, what next? classes, training, range time.
    oh, here's that video of Rambo Mom---- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6K0Ix6C4I8s a "warning shot"(???) into the wall, a couple more thru the kitchen and a few more out the back door. what's rule number 4? Be sure of the target and of what is beyond it I don't need no crazed, screaming woman, blasting away into the neighborhood. I need trained, steel nerved, woman that know how to ride and shoot, 3 dead thugs laying in the driveway. case closed. thank you.
    Honestly I didn't understand much of your rant...and I'm sure I'll never walk a mile in your shoes being so close to an area like Ferguson...But I did mean to say "freedom". It's scary and sad how few really seem to embrace freedom even on a gun forum. And I'm not picking on marc here. There are shades of this issue in other posts too.

We can only control ourselves. But we can influence others. I choose to use that influence to make things BETTER as much as humanly possible.
    ​O|||||||O