Quote Originally Posted by TheTman View Post
I hate to impose on 2nd amendment rights, but perhaps they should require first time hand gun purchasers to attend a short safety class. Or at least have the seller go over the safety rules with them, and give them a printed copy of them. I know what the one poster meant about newbies going to the range and waving the guns all over the place. I try to hit the range when there are just a couple of other shooters, once they get more than 3 or 4 other shooters, I start getting nervous and take a break and watch the other shooters, if I don't like what I see, then I leave.
This passivity is the problem... Tell them what is wrong and why... Use your brain to do this in a non confrontational manner, and buck up to find the resolve to do this.... How are things going to ever change when people LEAVE the situation? Avoiding things does not resolve them, it only propagates more of the same as no corrections were applied..... This happens at all levels and must be fought on the personal front, entropy is a constant and passivity is a form of entropy.... I am not deriding you, just looking to show you another perspective.

You proclaim to "hate" imposing on 2A rights, yet you are more willing to dumb the process down overall versus actually doing something yourself when you see a problem.... Kind of the wrong way to fulfill a rights responsibilities, in my opinion. I have the right, I will exercise the responsibility myself, not rely on others to enforce it......