Crimsontrace   CrossBreed Holsters   Magnum Research new   Tommy Gun Shop
Page 1 of 23 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: MK9 G10 Grips

Default MK9 G10 Grips

Has anyone come across a set of G10 Grips for the MK9? I did a fair amount of internet searching and came up with nothing. I see that VZ and others make G10s for a decent variety of pistols, but nothing for MK9s.

I have had negative results as well, but not surprising as there are less MK9's than K9's, and less Kahrs all together than probably Ruger LCP's... So more than likely unless you know someone with a CNC router and some G10, there is not much chance of finding them. I had the same results.... You would figure Houge would offer some, as they make the grips for Kahr, but there seems to be some unholy alliance with Houge and Kahr, Ruger (LCR grips....) and several other manufacturers... It stinks in my opinion..
    Comparison is the thief of Joy....

CW380
    MK9

I've been looking for a couple years now as well, and I haven't found anything. I've pestered VZ multiple times to introduce G10 grips for Kahrs for over 5 years now, and they have no interest in doing so. I even talked to their owner at the NRA Convention 2 years ago, and they said they didn't feel there would be enough demand to warrant doing it.

The lack of aftermarket grips is pretty much the only thing I don't like about my Kahr steel frame guns.

I've gotten no response from Hogue yet, but it would stand to reason that if they make the wood grips for Kahr they have the template to make them out of G10 as well.

I've been working with Solidworks lately. I can take a shot at putting the grips into a 3D model and getting some machined. If folks are interested, I could have something the first quarter of 2015. I'm close enough to Bawanna that maybe he would help on the project.

Looking at my MK9 though, it doesn't look very difficult to model the grips.

I would definitely be interested in getting some of those grips if you have a source willing to machine them at a reasonable price, Alfonse.

I'm a manufacturing engineer and use Solidworks every day. So, if you'd rather not mess with creating the model, I can do it if you can locate someone willing to do the machining from the model. I work in a machine shop and would just do it myself, except that I would have to create some special fixturing to hold the stock while machining, and each grip panel would have to be done in at least 2 operations, so unless someone was making a lot of them, it would be expensive to do. On top of that, all our machines have a heavy production backlog, so I don't know when I'd have any free machine time.

Keep me posted if you do pursue this.

Thanks!

I'm just learning Solidworks. It had been about 15 years since I last used SolidDesigner so I am learning as I go. You are probably a bit faster than I am at this point, but I am improving quickly.

I would get them machined, as well as some aluminum ones if folks wanted. A nice thing with SolidDesigner is different textures could be put on them pretty easily. I will PM you my email.

Wow, aluminum would be nice too!

Something like this would be cool.

Or these.